Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pioneer-ish

There was a pioneers-in-the-park day to celebrate the Mormon Battalion. We drove down to Old Town San Diego to participate in the festivities. The problem was that it was geared for older children. Our girls only enjoyed eating biscuits that they watched Drew and I cook (over hot coals) for them. They also liked making (watching) their very own pioneer dolls. Other than that, it was a big waste of time. Oh wait, dad found the candy store of course and I'd say that was the saving grace of the trip. Wait till you see below how happy the faces o' the little ones were once sugar was stuffed in their mouths.

so these are the colonial hats Drew bought us in Williamsburg- don't you think they pass as pioneer hats?
I love E's outfit here. She's wearing the Tiger Lily dress my mom made her for her Peter Pan b-day this summer. Leave it to our child (raised in the D.C. area) to come in a p.c. outfit ... she supports both the pioneers and the Indians!
K is quite intrigued with the doll-making process
I just LOVE this little kissable face!
joy divine ... I found a sucker bigger than my mouth!
eat your heart out ... this is all MINE
one day I will write an ode to this stroller
on the way to the car Drew casually mentioned he wanted to take a picture of me so I could have a "new one" for my profile on my facebook account- I ask, what's so bad about me rockin on the Hannah Montana guitar? at any rate, he won ... this is now my profile pic
oh and just to rub it in once more for my friends back east (I really do love you all and I pity you all right now too), this is a Cherry Blossom tree in Feb.
Also, I am in short sleeves in Feb. What a life!

2 comments:

Lis said...

helllooooo? I suppose i forgot to comment on this because when i read it i was logged in as YOU! I love these pix! The girls look SOOO grown up and I MISS THEM!!!! Glad youre getting some blossoms already! psshh! Were in for SNOW AND ICE tomorrow! Frikkin ground hog and his stupid SHADOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Roney Family said...

Glad that you have seen the light and are learning it is better here! Life couldn't get any better then being warm and in the sun. CA is the best!