Tuesday, January 19, 2010


May Your Days Be Merry and Bright



Here in sunny SoCal Christmas came amidst wonderful weather. We are so blessed to live here in this climate with our family and friends.

The day ended this way

we made it to both family's houses and took family photos of the whole gang
- neither family had done that in several years-
funny thing about these pics is that every child in the Belnap family is looking at the camera
(except of course, Jr. who is usually looking down)
yet in my family's pic (made up of mostly adults) the only one not looking at the camera is Donnie- my sister's husband and the 1 person who has likely had more photographs taken of him than anyone else in the group!


Christmas day started this way ...

Santa Dad fell asleep in the wee hours of the morn, pen in hand, after wrapping presents to put under the tree

the girls awoke and headed to the tree while dad grabbed the video camera


these 2 pics couldn't capture any better the differences between the personalities of our girls


E reads to K as the girls flip through their new book



Christmas Eve


love how short my dad and bros are when standing next to 6'3" Dr. Drew



the girls are whispering secrets into Santa's ear
he appeared at our front door on Christmas Eve
E remarked, "He looks like Papa Chet."
I was upstairs nursing the baby and was laughing to myself as I heard the dialogue downstairs. Luckily, E didn't quite figure it out. K totally believed in him.
Yes girls, our Santa was Papa Chet!



We needed a way to pass the time until our family arrived for dinner on Christmas Eve.
So E decided to make herself merry by practicing for the day when she can dance in the Nutcracker Ballet.

love

these

long

limbs


Pre-Christmas Fun


Pictures with Santa at the botanical gardens in Encinitas


love this one-
she thought it was so cool that we had several ornaments with her picture in them
she felt special!
and of course, what is she doing in the photo she's holding?
one guess-
if you can't tell/see, she's sucking her fingers


the Christmas card that wasn't

We had two appts. to take our pics. We missed both due to illness for the whole family, or half of us at least. So I tried to work something out on my own. As you can see, it was so NOT going to happen. Finally we were well enough to get a pic a mere few days BEFORE Christmas. I told my friend (and awesome photog) Jennifer Gilmore to just put Happy New Year on 'em since they clearly weren't gonna make it out before January.

Hope you all enjoyed your card.

Good luck in the New Year. We're certainly looking forward to what it holds for us.

3 comments:

Lis said...

Okay so I LOVED your newyears card!!! I got it! And ill totally be waiting for DR's updates!!! Great family picture! Looks like yALL had a FABuLOUS CHristmas!!!! Glad your over there with LOTS of family!!!! Your girls are ADORABLE all DOLLED UP IN TUTU"S! You KNOW thats my dream!!! (for Lexi... not me. OKAY MAYBE ME TOO!!) Anyway, enjoy the next few days and you KNOW ill be calling to check in! K!!!

Safire said...

I loved your card! Thanks for sending it to me. I love getting mail that isn't bills. :)

Christmas sounds tons of fun for you guys.

*megan said...

Hey Jen, I'm thinking of you and your little family today. Drew is leaving today right? I would love to come down and visit you in the next couple weeks. Can't believe I haven't met little drew. See you soon.
Beautiful new yrs card!