Happy 4th of July!
I just love this picture that Drew sent. It's our American surgical team watching a World-Cup soccer game in their break room at the hospital.
I can't quite express why I love it so much. It's mostly just the backs of our soldier's heads. Maybe I like the tiny American flag (top right), or the 2 clocks on the wall (Afghanistan and US time), or just the fact that even over there with all that's going on our soldiers can still enjoy bits of home. They can still feel connected to us, thousands of miles away, as we all celebrate our country's good moments ... whatever they may be.
To all of our soldiers who have served, do and will serve our country:
Thank you for protecting us and for promoting world peace.
I pray that God will bless you all and your families.
1 comment:
Amen! That is a great picture! Its also reassuring that they are altogether. He's coming home just around the corner I can feel it;D
Post a Comment