Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Well folks,
look who returned safe and sound to Carlsbad this week.


On Monday evening we headed to the San Diego airport
to pick up
our hero, our soldier, our very own Dr. Drew.
we got there early, so the kids did a lot of walking and waiting
Grandpa kept an eye on Jr. as he toddled about the airport.
these two danced about with their balloons,
bopping into the passers by
(good move grandma and grandpa-thanx for purchasing!)
Drew's flight is at the top of the screen due in at 4:43 pm,
which happens to be the current time showing on the screen.
My favorite part about this photo is that Delta still shows the flight status
"on time"
even though the flight had not yet arrived
(AND it was originally due in at 4:23).

Grandma was the first to spy my military man through the glass.
Do you see Dr. Drew?

the banner was rolled out and all took their places

Dr. Drew waves to his entourage.
The best cheerleader EVAH!
priceless photo
The Drew's meet for the first time, again.
smiles all around
FAMILY- reunited
We left the airport, headed for dinner at Souplantation.
Drew's parents, his brother, and I got stuck in the airport elevator. This was right after Drew headed down the escalator with all 3 kids. We had the diaper bag, stroller, Drew's bags etc. with us in the elevator. Luckily, an engineer let us out about 15 minutes after we got stuck. I'm glad it wasn't any longer because I was beginning to wonder just how much oxygen was in that contraption.
My awesome friends decorated the house for us.
So when we arrived home that night after the airport and dinner,
this is what we saw.

Fatherly duties began immediately.
The kids brought out gifts they had made for him earlier in the school year.
Then it took several candid shots to nail a good family photo,
minus the photog (aka MOM
)
2 out of 2 isn't bad
not quite there
oh brotherly love
almost perfect- this pic will do!
so glad to have our daddy home
We love you Dr. Drew


10 comments:

Megan Harris said...

Welcome home!!! Glad he made it safe and sound! Let the catching up begin!

Carly said...

Yeah! Glad he is home, safe and sound!

Breeana said...

So glad Drew is back home! Justin leaves in a few months, so I will look at these pictures often to remind myself that it does eventually end. :)

Lis said...

seriously. made my day! IM SO GLAD HES HOME! SO GLAD!!!!!!! Do they give him a bunch of itme off now? I hope so! YOu guys DESERVE IT! Oh and FEED THAT BOY! HES THIIIIN!

and whats youre address???

Traylor Family said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! So glad he made it home safely. Thanks for all the sacrifices your family has made for our country!

Taylor Tribute said...

OH! We are so happy for you guys:)

Roney Family said...

Congrats Belnap family for the safe return of your hubby and the daddy!! May you guys take special time to play!!

mcwally said...

Yahoo!! That is so exciting. I am so thrilled for all of you. And I am so grateful for your husband's willingness and ability to serve our country. We thought of you all so much while he was away!

Brooke said...

I am so happy for you guys!! i hope you've been having amazing family time. hopefully we can get together soon!

Haley said...

I'm so glad he's home!!!! Happy times