Friday, February 24, 2012

i can't help myself

There's a place called Cripple Creek, mostly known for casinos,
but it's also located by another favorite spot of ours, Florissant National Forest.
After learning about the fossilized trees at Florissant, we went to Cripple Creek for some leaf peeping. In front of a museum (in the background) we ran into another of Cripple Creek's claims to fame, wild donkeys. Look closely to find the other five or so donkeys in the background. Within minutes of this pic, they swarmed our car. Some even were so forward as to stick their entire neck in our car. Yuk! E was in heaven and loved every minute of it.
She is bound to be a veterinarian someday.
I still wonder how I, of all people, ended up with an animal lover.
I so don't care for domesticated animals, like not even a bit.

I shot this when working on my manual-mode skills.
Oh the joy! He is the love of my life.
It was a sunny, lazy early-fall day.
I still remember how much fun I had watching him and
shooting pics while he played with water.
So content. So easily amused. So innocent.

The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is by far the BEST we have ever been to,
and we lived in D.C. where like the best museums, parks, zoos are located.
This one takes the cake, and it's so close to home.
Also, if you look closely, you'll see the lion cooperated with my photo.
So courteous, just like all of the people here in Co.

Can't let this next pic escape the blog.
The Great Injury of 2011.
K dropped a Whipped Creme can on her toe.
It split it through the nail. It bled forever.
We did a surgical consult with 2 buddies from med school.
One advised surgery. The other, having had a child go through surgery, advised against it.
We gave her the choice. She skipped surgery and spent one week NOT walking on it.
The nail is still sketchy. It lifts easily when aggravated.
(surgery likely would've prevented that)
But I think given more time, it will adhere as it should and all will be well with K's toe nail!
Oh Little boy who fills me with lots o' love!
He's still quite far from biking on his own,
but he sure loves to have me push him all over on this thing.
Since fall turned to winter, we ride it in the garage.
I hope this summer he'll be independent on it.

No comments: