Monday, July 2, 2012

Wild Animals

 Within the first couple of weeks living here, we had some LARGE, friendly visitors in our backyard.
 Before school started, I saw a fox run across our front yard one day. A dog was chasing it. I had never seen an animal move so fast in my life. This guy was much faster than the deer. 
One morning as I was driving home from taking the girls to school, our neighborhood fox strutted across the street. I quickly whipped out my phone and snapped a pic. I was sad that the girls weren't in the car to see it. E would have absolutely LOVED it. 
How I got an animal-loving, insect-interested child is beyond me!
 Then there was the day we went to Cripple Creek 
after hiking around at Florissant National Park.
 We stumbled upon these WILD (yes, totally wild) donkeys. 
Who'd have thunk? Miss E just had to make friends with them. Boy, they got close!!!

No comments: