Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

This was quite possibly our best Halloween yet. 
The kids are older. We know our neighbors better, 
and the weather was just right.
 After meeting two-doors down for dinner with our neighborhood, the kids TOOK OFF for their 1st round of trick-or-treating. 
Yes, just the 1st round!
 They RAN up and down the street, which made it hard for Jr. and his buddy to keep up. Every now and then, we met up with the big kids (see K and JR. below). For the most part though, 
I couldn't keep up. As a result, this post isn't peppered with pics. 
Also, I never got one of all 3 kids together. BOO!
 The 3 boys in all our photos are the exact ages of my 3 girls. 
Why is it that we always live next to boys, boys, and more boys???
No matter, bc all of the boys in our neighborhood are so good. 
The kids here are the nicest we've ever met.
 I'm weird. I like taking pics of the backs of people. 
There's something fun though about the anticipation 
of the door opening and getting to add to one's loot. 
I like capturing that moment in a pic.

 E's pumpkin below, 
which she carved by herself this year for the 1st time.
 K's pumpkin, carved with help from Dad.
Upon tucking the girls into their beds, I asked, 
"Wasn't this such a fun night?" 
To which K replied, "It was SPECTACULAR!"
*For the record, I have never seen E so hyper on a Halloween night. She never stopped talking. Even after I whispered into her ear, prompting her to not dominate conversation, she said ok and kept talking! Bless the hearts of the boys who politely sat at the table, feigning interest. Her mouth was like the Energizer bunny, it kept going, and going, and going ... all night long!

1 comment:

Sarah Hull said...

oh my gosh, your kids are getting so big and they are SO cute! I just had to come over here and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It's so nice to know that other moms "get it". I really appreciate you sharing that as it got me thinking that I bet there is a common thread with moms who have kids with "extras" and extra anxiety! Thank you again and I too wish you still lived here, it would be fun to get together with our kids who are all about the same age!!