I spoke too soon in my previous post. I essentially thought we were all on the mend after two straight weeks of colds. 'Twas not so. Every picture I took this month on our digital camera is from our home. It's pretty much the only place we've been. Kaley had pneumonia at the end of Nov. and has had four colds since then. Joy divine. Every mother has her story of "that time when the kids were so sick" that she "didn't see the light of day for 'x' amount of days", or in my grandmother's case three months. Yup. The way she told it, her five kids went through the measels and chicken pox back-to-back. She said the only time she went outside was to join the neighbors in the alley burning trash in their incinerators. (That dates her, doesn't it?) As a modern mom, I don't have the "luxury" of escaping to my alleyway to burn trash with the neighbors when I need a sanity break, so I'm grateful for the next best thing ... Motrin. It gives me peace and quiet by providing my little dears with a sweet escape from their symptoms (for up to 8 hours). I hereby declare Motrin my best friend forever!
The girls at the start of our cold-filled weeks

This is what they looked like in the middle

When they're all better, (and when I'm symptom free) I'll post a picture of life in normal mode.
3 comments:
Awww THEYRE SO CUTE! Okay and Emma looks like a different little girl! She looks OLDER suddenly! I love her hair! CUTE CUTE!!!! Sorry your stuck at home. I tell ya ITS NO FUN!!! I feel FOR YOU!!!
What a bummer. I hope everyone gets better soon. Let's get you guys out of that cold weather!!!!
Emma looks so mature in the pic where her hair is down. What cute girlies.
I too love Motrin. It does wonders!
Post a Comment