Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Knight in Shining . . . Armor?

er gold, er silver, er whatever ye pirates er collectin' in yer booties these days!

I have the flu or something like it. Yesterday when my husband came home from work, he grabbed the girls and took them out for "daddy-daughter dates." (Really he was giving me a chance to rest.) When he returned, he had dinner for me (chicken soup) and the girls had already been fed. Oh, and he picked up some much needed groceries too. All I still wanted at the end of that day was a nice hot bath. The hot water ran out on me when the tub was only a third of the way full. This has happened a few times in our master tub. We can't figure out why, especially when our house is so new. Anywho, my husband heated water on the stove in our 8 (or is it 10) quart stock pot. He then carried it upstairs to poor into my luke-warm bath. He did this twice. All the while he was working on putting our two girls to bed. When that was all done, he finally sat down to eat his dinner. Thank you my husband. Yes, you are my Knight in Shining Armor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. What a great husband. You will have to write that one down.

julieannepapa said...

I'm so sorry you were sick. That was really nice of him to do all that for you. I hope you are feeling better!

Lis said...

awww! How nice of him! I hope you feel better! we missed you today at the shower!

Haley said...

What a sweet guy! Is your entire family ever going to get better?