Monday, February 18, 2008

following directions to perfection

E was looking particularly cute the other day in an outfit that was purchased half by me and half by Mama Vickie. Before heading out to preschool I said we should take some pictures of her. She posed like so.


This happened to be one of those moments when one photo couldn't capture how cute she was, so I told her to "smile and look at the camera" for a close up. This is what I got.

This is what I got when I said, "Look at the camera."


This is what I got when I said, "E, face me and look at the camera."

She finally followed directions completely but turned out looking like her eyes were glued wide open.

Then I asked her to "do normal eyes and a normal smile." I got that for the most part, but unfortunately lost her focus with her eyes.

Isn't this how it goes with a four year old? Four photos and still not one close up that fit my idea of perfection. But then again, all four of these photos capture her little personality so well, so how could they be anything but perfect? My little first born, practically perfect in every way.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

super cute pics. i loved seeing them all.

Roney Family said...

I know exactly what you mean. That is why I love digital so much. You can take as many as you like and discard the rest. She is so adorable!!!! I still love all the photo's though!

julieannepapa said...

Cute pics of Emma. She did a great job following your directions for sure. Too cute!

Lis said...

Aww! she still looks like a total DOLL!!! Very pretty!!! So typical though!!

*megan said...

I loved these series of shots. I am so looking forward to you guys moving close to us so I can get to know your darling girls. Oh, and your knight in shining armor. I don't even know your other half!