Kaley is wondering what is in this box. No matter what's inside, the fact that it's hers, and not Emma's, is enough for it to be the coolest birthday present ever.
Notice what's in Kaley's hands. This pattern will be repeated in each picture that follows. Em, being the older sis and first born, hordes most of the toys. She claims them as hers.
Kaley is beyond thrilled that she can call the biggest toy in the house "mine." Notice how many dolls are in her hands. Lest any of them be possessed by the wrong person ...
This is the ONE doll Kaley decided she could share. Thank heaven she shared Belle, Emma's FAVORITE Disney princess.
Kaley with a firm grip on what's rightfully hers.
For the most part, Emma did all the playing. K's hands were so full of dolls that she could hardly enjoy them ... or the doll house for that matter.
K's booty ... oh look, she shared one more doll with big sis.
Thoughts: I used to play dolls (Barbies and house) non-stop as a kid. It's all I ever wanted to do. My friend across the street hated that! She was raised with 4 older bros and didn't get into dolls as much as the rest of us did. So now we have this fabulous doll house that I'd rather not play with. That's not totally true. Once in a while I can sit down and participate in imaginative play as well as my girls can. But this has become our lives. The girls even continue it in the bathtub. Why is it that kids' brains don't register the phrase "too much of a good thing?" Then again, I ought to be grateful because I'd have loved to call this toy "mine" when I was a kid. Here's to the young in age who teach us how to be young at heart.
6 comments:
I saw that in person! I WANTED ONE! ITs very cool!!!! When was kaley's bday?????????? I MISSED IT??!!!! I feel so bad!!!!
didn't miss it ... it's this Sat. BTW u guys r invited to come have cake n ice cream w us. I haven't even called ny1 yet, ha! I'm thinkin' round 2 pm. R U in???
Looks like fun! It will be more trucks and guns around here for us. We found out last week we are in for another boy! Having girls seems like a whole different experience.
So happy for her! Disney castle is awesome -- I can't believe how old and adorable they both look! How are the moving plans going? Have you found a place in CA?
Happy Birthday!!! Looks like the girls are having tons of fun!!!!
Looks like fun- it is actually good that I have boys, because I never got into dolls. Although boys have dolls too- they just come in the form of darth vader, spiderman, batman, buzz lightyear and the list continues. see you soon
Post a Comment