"The Itsy Bitsy Spider" ... classic
More bed-time fun with Mama Vickie. This is the only time the girls get excited for bed!
Fun at the tot lot
Hey Kaley, this is where everyone went. To the swings!
Swingin' our cares away.
Emma asked me the other day where her other parents were. It was Sunday so I thought she was referring to our "heavenly" parents. I said, "They're in heaven." She didn't agree with that response and said, "No mom. Where are my other parents?" This went on for a couple of minutes while I tried to figure out what exactly she meant. Then in exasperation she said, "Mooooom, I mean where is Mama Vickie, Papa Chet, and my aunts and uncles?" Ah. She wondered where her relatives were. I said, "They're in California." Emma asked when we were going there. I replied, "In a few weeks honey." Then she said sadly, "Oh, I can't wait that long."
Of course I'm excited as excited can be. We all are. Unlike my almost-5 year old, I can wait. This time is nothing to me considering how long I've waited to get back to where I belong. The girls belong there too. The beach is the only place we can take them where they get along all day. It's the one place that they don't fight. But now that spring is here, everyone has come out of hibernation. Life exists and we're getting an outdoor routine going. We walk three times a week with our neighbor (shout out to Noreen and Baby J) and I go to a Salsa exercise class at our clubhouse (hop, skip, and a jump from my front door) two nights a week. The party is just getting started. I wouldn't be sad to leave at ALL if it weren't for the awesome friends we've made in our neighborhood and in our community. To all our peeps who help to keep us moving in the right direction, YOU ROCK!!!
2 comments:
how fun to have your mom visit - looks like you guys had a great time!
Okay where on earth do you shop??? or does your mom always just bring cool designer clothes when she comes to town? Can she adopt me? How nice she got to come out! Cute pictures!!!!!
Post a Comment