Monday, October 13, 2008

Jog-A-Thon

Emma's first Jog-A-Thon went rather well. It started out bumpy. She wanted to make sure I was staying as the kids lined up to head out to the field.
I assured her I was and Kaley and I followed the troop to the field where I of course took pictures to document the event.
Em looked so darn cute in her sun hat. It provided relief from the 80-degree heat but also a way for her to hide from the misters and the supporters (spectrum issues :).

We stopped several times for a water break. Man was it hot! I left my Gatorade in the car and really regretted that.



E kept complaining that her legs hurt. Of course she said that before we even got through half of the first lap. Since I knew she was bluffing, I kept pushing her through. Then she saw some friends from the other kindergarten classes and she perked up a bit. Then our next-door neighbor Hannah came up and walked several laps with us. Em thought that was so cool 'cause Hannah is a 5th grader. I don't think Em realized she went to the same school.

Kaley and Natalie (lil sis of E's classmate Nicholas) joined us too. From then on it was smooth sailing. Em just needed lots of reinforcements that day I suppose. Good thing she got 'em.



K thinkin' she's joggin' for money too$$$

Em with classmate Nicholas n his lil sis Natalie
The kids got Popsicles when it was all over. Guess how many laps our new little jogger ran.
11 laps! Go Emma!

No comments: