Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Life ... or something like it

I am happy, so very happy. Maybe it's because I'm 7 weeks pregnant. (You're shocked-in disbelief-probably because I've been on the done-with-kids band wagon for 3 years now! Who would like to serve me up some Humble Pie?) I'm guessing the real reason is that we're finally living life. For the last four years of internship and anesthesia residency we've just been living, well surviving. Now that it's all over, we're living LIFE. It's a great thing! Of course it helps to be near the beach. Every evening we look out our windows and see gorgeous sunsets with pinks, peaches, oranges, etc. Sometimes in the afternoon when we're headed home from school we get stopped at the light that leads into our neighborhood. While sitting at it we get to look at the ocean which usually is sparkling because the sun hits it just right. I'll call the girls' attention to it, and they comment on it. The light turns green, and then we drive into our neighborhood. Maybe I'm also happy because we constantly get a taste of the beauty in God's creations ... living here by the shore and by the sea. The girls are older now and both in school. Kaley loves preschool. She loves pretending to know as much as Emma does. Emma loves kindergarten. She loves writing right now. Papers are scattered all over our house with words, or something resembling them, listed on the lines. I'm so happy they are growing into smart, gorgeous girls. Then of course there is the fact that we are a mere hour's drive from my parents, family, and friends. We often jump in the car and go visit on weekends. Emma asks to go so Momma Vickie nearly every two or three days! We hang out, shop, do crafts, walk Oscar, meet at the park with my friends, eat free dinner, etc. I've decided that I'm happy because I'm living LIFE, not something like it.

13 comments:

Lis said...

okay im ready to BURST! I CANT EVEN BBELIEVE IT! YOU! PREGO! CONGRATS! IM SO HAPPY YOU HAVE YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! YOU DESERVE IT! I KNEW YOU WERENT DONE! I KNEW IT! IM SO EXCITED! YOU BETTER CALL ME BACK!

Roney Family said...

That is awesome news!! Congrats!!! I cant wait to hear what you are having!!

Brooke said...

I know what you mean about just being in survival mode at times! I'm happy that things are going so well and also for the little one! very exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Im so excited for you. That is awesome. Congratulations!!

Safire said...

How exciting!!! That's wonderful that you are having such a great time in CA! (Sorry, you'll have to buy a new car seat. ;) )

April said...

You crazy girl! AWESOME NEWS!!!! You are a great mother and it looks like you are having so much fun! Yay for the Belnaps!!!!!!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats on your pregnancy. I am glad you are happy and living life. Isn't it great to have your hubby back from residency land. I am thinking the same thing! We talk about how lucky we are and grateful we are that those three years are behind us.

Carly said...

Such a sweet post. I am so glad you are happy- it makes such a difference being happy! Congratulations on the baby!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

So happy for you and your family! It's going to be awesome!

Sarah said...

Yay for you--are a California girl through and through. I'm glad it's worked out for you to be back where you feel happiest. And huge CONGRATS on the pregnancy. I hope you're feeling well. I can't remember if you get sick or not.

Thanks for your Christmas card. I need you to email me your address again though--I recycled the envelope before writing it down (duh).

Merry Christmas!!

*megan said...

NOOOOO! Don't do it. I guess it's too late now, huh? Just kidding. 3 is good. I'm surviving.
I am excited for you and glad you guys are happy.
Hope to see you again soon.

Wilde ones said...

Yay for the pregnancy! Hope all is well with that. In a year and a half we'll be done with residency and I hope to join you in the feeling of living life rather than surviving it.

Haley said...

i'm so happy for you! okay- so maybe this is a little late- I haven't checked blogs in over a month- obviously. let us all know how everything goes- love ya!