Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Attn: Mother Bloggers
I need some ideas on how to switch up our morning routine. It is TOTALLY lagging. I'm tired of waking up cranky. Granted, E has been waking me at 6:30, half an hour before she's supposed to be awake. K has been up coughing at night for the last week straight. I of course have been up with her (3 times a night). So ... while there is understandable reason (if I do say so myself) for my cranky face in the early am hours, I'm still wanting to have something new or exciting to change things up a bit. What are your tricks of the trade ladies???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
A clock? I tell V she can't come get me until the first number says 7. That doesn't work with the boys but they are forgiven...being babies and all that. Also, V tells me I'm not nice till I eat in the morning. So true. Our routine is get up, change diapers, strait downstairs to feed mommy, and then I can deal with any kid crankies after I've eaten.
Interested to see what everyone else has to say because while this is working, it's not great.
okay, Lexi is doing the SAME FRIGGIN THING! FOR 22 DAYS NOW! SHOOT ME! Im like INSANE when she doesnt sleep. I say healthy sleep habbits happy baby book OR FLY somewhere. WHen we fly, it kicks Lexi's butt so much she sleeps 13hrs a night for 3 months! seriously! I think its in the air. I know other people who are having the SAME problem when their kids have always been good sleepers! So feel comfort from knowing YOURE NOT ALONE!
oh and ill fix your header. Im like dead tired tonight. I watch three kids all morning, then Becky had her twins and spent the rest of the day at the hospital and never got a break from kids today! AHHHHHHH! iM dying tired.
I had the same morning - almost all school year last year! This year I vowed it wouldn't happen! So...what works for us is getting up a tad ealrier...I know - sounds strange...I get the kids up 15 minutes earlier than they have to be up....bring them to the couch with a blaket - tuck them in and put on 1 TV show from the DVR. The trick is to make sure the news is on the TV before you turn the DVR show on....that way when the DVR show is over...it automatically goes to the news if you are not in the room! Then - the kids don't want to watch that and they get up and moving! We then do breakfast and getting dressed.
It has been heaven for us this year...not one bad morning to date! all for those little 10 minutes and me giving in and letting them watch one show! So as long as you are ok with the TV part...give it a try!
On super tired days...I go back to bed after turning the TV on..I leave the alarm on snooze from the first time and get a semi sleep for another 20 minutes!
Good luck!
i've got nothing for you. my kids wake at 6:30 all the time - that's the norm. and since we only have somewhere to be by 9am a couple days a week, our mornings can be a little more lazy.
In order to make it to the bus on time, we have to wake up at 6:30. My kids have stopped waking up early and now I have to drag them out of bed. What?
I think the clock thing works too.
Post a Comment