Thursday, January 15, 2009

Burn Baby Burn ...

Disco Inferno baby!
My friend threw a 30th b-day bash (disco/casino night) that was unlike anything I've ever attended before. Wait til you see what they packed into the night.

b-day girl is in the center (she's prego w/ #3), her older sis is at L, I am sporting my girls Hannah Montana wig - I figured it was more period than my current hair do
the whole gang
(b-day girl's parents are top L- almost all of their 7 kids attended, spouses and all. I think only one set was missing - what's your excuse Katherine and Kevin???)
this DJ rocked the house...
let's put it this way, he donned more than one wig that night and threw on accessories for songs like YMCA-he was great
friends from NHHS
are they laughing at (1)me (2)my costume (3) my dancing (4) or all of the aforementioned?

need I say anything at all???
Rico Suave, aka Rich
this swingin' single busted out da break dancin' moves (including the worm ladies) and had us gals nearly peeing our pants (me especially ... 3rd pregnancy!)
Patience (friend from high school) and I dancing to MJ's "Thriller"
the DJ's mix was superb- we danced at least half the night away to Abba, Earth Wind and Fire, Grease medley tunes, and the like
since most of the guests were Mormon, the dealers had to do a great deal of teaching before anyone could play the games. here I am learning how to play craps.
at the end of the evening, I won this friend (from home ward in NB) $25,000. too bad none of us were playing with real money
better view of the tables, dealers, and ambiance

btw- she had a professional photog there to document the evening. she is one herself, but a friend shot for her this night so she could enjoy her party!
what a bash. i felt like i was in high school again. Patience and I laughed at the fact that just like at church dances, only girls (aside from Rich) were in our dancing circle and only a fraction of those there actually danced. I can safely say though, dancing was where it was at. Those of us who got our groove on (and you know who you were select few) had the "time of our lives."

7 comments:

Lis said...

oh man! you look AWESOME as a blonde!!! haha! I love your outfit! You in a little booty skirt! LOVE IT! ha!what an awesome IDEA! What fun you have out there in CALI!!!!!

Ref You Suck! apparel said...

Jen - we need the shot that shows your hot pink undies underneath that skirt! Was a great night, wasn't it!? Thanks so much for coming. I am glad you liked Allan - he is an awesome DJ!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

Jen - we need the shot that shows your hot pink undies underneath that skirt! Was a great night, wasn't it!? Thanks so much for coming. I am glad you liked Allan - he is an awesome DJ

Wilde ones said...

It's nice to see someone still celebrates birthdays. We as adults just overlook that. What fun!
Lookin groovy!

Lisa said...

You seriously have way too much fun!

So I don't know where Anna got the blond hair. She even got my blue eyes. I am still not so sure that Jon is the father!

Haley said...

oh- grease baby! did you say you are prego with #3? We did a vegas day for New Years- same scenario- had a lot of learning to do- I still don't understand craps- oh I will update my blog today- hopefully. later!@

April said...

Looks like so much fun -- do we have any ideas yet if #3 is baby boy or girl? When will we know? The suspense....