baby boy duds
moms with boys, this post is for you. as i've been looking 'round at the boy items, i've found it all less than impressive. thank goodness i have 2 girls who i can continue to dress in adorable clothes. but still ... this boy is gonna need to wear something ... most things are pretty darn lame (why must everything have either firetrucks or footballs)? also, it seems like i can find better deals on better clothes for the girls anyday. why is this silly boy stuff so expensive? where do you all shop for da boys?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
it is definately a different way of shopping... its not all laid out for you. you have to find the cute shirt, with the awesome shorts, the cutest shoes... and usually none of it is from the same store. Greyson still rocks the fun plaid shorts from target (cheap) with the boutique quality shirt like kingsley, haute boyz, da lil guyz... for layette other then the stuff i got from bassinets and blueberries was from old navy... all just cute stripes!! i had to stay away from the cheese of the sports and animals too
It's much harder to find the cute stuff. You really have to look for it. I love Hanna Andersson stuff but it's way expensive. I think mostly I try and look for stripes and solids which you can find hiding in the backs of racks. Kohls has some nice stuff if you search, or Penny's can be okay. Sadly, just can't run to the store and grab the stuff anymore!
Ahhh sigh I feel your pain. I usually hit up the outlets when they have good sales. Carters makes some cute boy stuff. I also hit up target and kohls and jcpenney ocassionally. You can find cute stuff, but you have to look hard. Luckily my boy is WAY into footballs...
The sooner you learn to accept the fact that your boy will never really look cute- because very soon the cute things you have they won't want to wear unless it has a truck or something on it, and the other thing you have to realize is: a boy is a boy and mud and everything else messy is their best friend.
Welcome to my world!!! :) Gap outlet rocks for the church clothes. Great khakis that last awhile. Also - when looking for collared shirts -make sure if they are for his first year - they snap otherwise it constantly comes untucked and will drive you nuts at church. I agree with Bri - I shop a lot at Old Navy. You are so close to the outlets - you will have good luck there. Children's place has good church stuff too (ties, belts, etc.) Paul Frank is great when they get a little older - call me I will give you a bunch of tips. :)
I do a lot of Quicksilver and Hurley stuff! He loves it and looks more like "Daddy" in his eyes! Burgstroms has a ton of it and it goes on sale quite often! You can probably get it at the outlets too! other than that...it is Old Navy or Target. As he gets older...you will most likely give into what ever he is into....currently it is airplanes for Brady!
No tips on the boy clothes. Sorry. Micah always wants to have the "sporty" look, so I gave up on trying to dress him. Out here we order everything off of the internet, old navy and children's place, since they have great shipping. I can't wait to see your little guy!
I always dressed him in childrens place and gymboree when he was tiny, I loved the little collard rompers. When I was pregnant, it seemed like I could never find cute boy clothes. Now that I'm pregnant again, and hoping for a girl.. I feel like I see better things for boys. Old Navy has great stuff too!
I say for everyday clothes old navy and target are the best. for church pants i took mandy wallburger's advice and we use the gap stain sheild khaki's as the uniform. for cute easter clothes, or cute vests children's place usually has the best.
How FUN! My Mom sent me racing to check out the sono pic! What an amazing journey for your family and I know how you'll just welcome that baby boy in!
I finally found your blog. So darling. I love your pics and, of course, your journaling. Happy boy shopping. Any time you need a shopping pal, I'm your girl.
Post a Comment