Monday, April 13, 2009

Update Time

I've got lots of pictures to post on this blog ... 171 to be exact. The problem is that we don't know how to get our new printer to communicate with our computer when we want to download photos. Since Drew is my "techy" and he's been quite busy with work lately, I suspect it'll be another few days before I can share photos and post videos (cause I now know how to do that).

K has been so darn cute lately. I try to capture it on camera, but it doesn't show through. You have to be here to experience the moment. Luckily, Drew and I are here. It's so fun to watch her together. We can just look at each other and know how much we're loving her at the same time. It's great. These are the moments that make family ... family, and we realize how grateful we are to be an eternal one.

E is moving forward in her scholastic endeavors, which mainly consist of math and writing. She loves both equally and spends much of her free time writing words, sentences, and names all over paper tablets placed randomly in our home. When we're driving she loves to ask questions like, "Mom, what's 20+20?" or she might ask a harder one like, "Mom, what's 189+189?"

Since spring has sprung. The girls really enjoy spending time outside in the backyard. I love it when they go out there! A few of the (5) neighbor kids next door come to the fence and both families of kids play through and over the fence. They talk through it and throw objects over it to one another. I think it's hilarious. You'd think my neighbor or I would just give in and invite one set or the other over to play. We get such a kick out of the interaction that we leave it be. Plus, we can do laundry, catch up on email, or relax on the couch while this goes on. The same would not be true were all the kids at one house. If it aint broke, don't fix it!

My cousin Lacey is still waltzing around on the set of Dancing With The Stars. This season she was paired with Steve-O. If you don't know who he is, chances are your husband will. They have been making it to the next round each week with scores as low as Cloris Leechman's from last season. Drew and I are having fun watching and voting each week. Steve-O is naturally funny, and the chemistry he and Lacey have is entertaining to say the least!

I am now 6 months pregnant with baby boy Belnap. We are still working on his name. Some of the ones on our list were/are (in no particular order): Jude Grant, Nolan Kai, Drew Grant (yes, he'd then be a jr.) Aidan Alan, and Brendan Alan. We aren't close to picking a single one. In fact, we are still adding names to the list. I have a feeling we could be at the hospital delivering and still have our son's name up in the air.

Easter was great. I'll elaborate on that now since I actually forgot to take pictures while at my parents' house (thus, no additional Easter post will follow). E and K had their own egg hunt in the backyard after we sang Happy Birthday to my dad (I think this is the first time his birthday has fallen on Easter Sunday). Then we had an adult egg hunt which featured eggs filled with candy, coins (dollar ones to be exact- pun intended), and even a $5 bill for the lucky hunter - ahem ... yes, it was someone in my family who found it. So all in all we came home about $10 richer. My brother's new wife brought several items for an adult male-only obstacle course. That was hilarious. I'm happy to report that I do have the event on video tape for the benefit of future generations. As our family ages and grows it's fun to see new traditions added. Drew came up with one this year that he remembered from the 4th grade. It's called the Egg Duel. Ever done it or heard of it? I got that event on video too.

It's time for me to hit the hay. Oh, it's Monday. I have to watch DWTS first so I can vote. Then I'll go to bed. Go Lacey and Steve-O!!!

4 comments:

tylerandmommy said...

Thanks for the post update. It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun and thriving in sunny Cali. I can't wait to see your video of the "male only" obstacle course. It sounds like it will be a good one!

The Pickled Red Herring said...

What great names! I am torn between Drew Grant (he waited this long for a boy, he needs a namesake!) and Brendan Alan (my cousin's name, who is a cutie, and my dad & oldest brother's middle name). Can't wait to hear the final decision!

Lis said...

wow! a long post! okay WHERE IN THE HECK ARE YOUR PREGO PICTURES?? You just IGNORE ME! Psshh...

I know what you mean about enjoying your kids together! THAT IS SO FUN! I love it! Its so good to hear E is LOVING her studies! YEY! I love the math questions too! I also totally remember playing through the fence with all our neighbor kids! THATS SO COOL! I cant WAIT TO HAVE A FENCE!!!!I wish i could help you with a name, I like all of them. Im sure youll get it down though, in time. Even if that means AFTER hes born. We didnt pick Alexis until she was born!

stinks about LACEY. Seriously, those judges were OUT TO GET STEVE-O for what ever reason. THEY HATED HIM. You could TOTALLY TELL!

Joanna said...

Nolan Kai. I like that one. It flows well.

I laughed at your comment "If you don't know who Steve-O is, your husband will." I remember Jeff used to watch that show and I HATED it. Steve-O was so out-of-control! Now I'm proud of him for cleaning up, and I hope he does well. He seems to be trying to find out who he is sober. I'm glad Lacey is his partner, although he doesn't look like the easiest to dance with. :-)