Sunday, May 10, 2009

Frolicking along at the Flower Fields

We first went in April. I'm getting the pics up now. Drew bought us season passes so I think I/we took the girls a total of about 8 or 9 times. They loved it. So did we. Natural beauty is so relaxing.

licensed to drive a stand-still tractor

2 peas in a pod

smells delish

one of the many boxes in the Artist Garden ... these boxes were truly beautiful

on the wagon ride (cost $5/person) around the 30-acres of fields

ranunculus as far as the eye can see

did I mention this location is a mere 4 or 5 lights from our home?

ready to mine for gems ... apparently this area was big in mining during the gold rush but for other minerals

E eyeing her spoils

she get Tiger's Eye, Amethest, Crystal, Jade and other things pictured here that I cannot remember names of

$2 worth of gems- actually ... I don't know the worth of the gems. I just know we paid $2 for her to mine for them.

flexin muscles to prime the pump

love this face

Dad watching the girls race through the Sweet Pea maze

K pausin to pose in the maze

at the playground featuring Santa's Village houses and shrooms

I've got the whole world in my hands

of course she knew to pick the mushroom that matched her outfit

preschool poser

and of you Californians remember Santa's Village ... ever went?

4 comments:

Lis said...

I think im going to have a HEART ATTACK! ALL THOSE FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my! You guys are so lucky you live near so much fun stuff!!!!! When, yes WHEN i come to cali to see you, WERE GOING THERE!!!

Megan Harris said...

I remember Santa's Village - up near big bear right? I did go there as a kid! Fun times!

jbel said...

yup, it was near Big Bear-
some wealthy family here bought several of the houses and mushrooms at an auction for their kids to have-

a few years ago, they refurbished them and donated them to the Flower Fields so everyone could enjoy them

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Beautiful flowers, beautiful girls, beautiful mamma.