This 4th of July meant more to us than previous ones.
We've participated in plenty of patriotic ceremonies, having lived back east and with Drew being a military doc. His graduation from med school was rather impressive. I was pleasantly surprised with the whole affair. We watched the fireworks from the White House lawn (when W. was in office- he even came out onto the balcony and waved to us all). We visited battle fields and watched Civil-War reenactments. We participated in the inauguration of W. and froze our b---s off doing so. Yet, this 4th and our typical urban celebration of it meant so much more to us than what showed externally.
K and our neighbor loving the bouncy set up in the cul-de-sac

our next-door neighbor was kind enough to let my girls take turns in her girls' wagon
if it weren't for them, we'd have had to sit out the neighborhood parade
(there was NO way I was going to haul my 2 girls and their transport of choice around the "hood" all by myself)

I think E resembles the Statue of Liberty in the pic above
here she's enjoying the sweet ride with her friend

so the dads went to town launching water balloons at the kids, who I must say (as seen below) did a rather good job defending themselves

after the block party, we headed to the airport to pick up daddy
the girls were excited to have him back home

we rested a bit and went to swim at Grandma and Grandpa Belnap's pool
then we came home to rest again b4 heading out to join our friends in the ward for some firework watching and ice cream sundae devouring, not in that order though!

the kids in full awe at the sight- we were on a hill that gave us the view of not just one show but two ... at the same time





3 comments:
aww! that looks SOOOOOOO FUN! Im so jealous of your hood! its so cute too btw! I want to have a waterballoon fight! You have NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea how cool that sounds right now! Oh and you were SO right about the book Brians reading in my picture! Its sad, isnt it? We have like 50 of those!!! AH!
Your post is so moving Jen! I am amazed by your strength and yoru love for your family!
Looks like so much fun... you look so cute in your festive dress. I have that wagon you were pulling, I love it. That last pic is definately a keeper...
Post a Comment