Friday, July 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Fooled ya didn't I? Bet you thought I was going to talk about how the girls have done a 180 and life this summer is pure bliss.

Actually, I'm blogging from my parents' house right now. They bought and moved into this house when I was one year old. No matter how many times I move, or how many children I have of my own, this house always feels like HOME.

It is the family anchor.

My siblings and I have all been to and fro (spanning cities as far away as Laie -HI- and London).

This is the place though where we all come back together.
In April we were all together for Scott's wedding. We all met up again for Father's Day (including Heidi and Donnie-our London couple). Grandma Vicky came over to join the crew. She's our last living grandparent.

And so the circle of life continues.

We're all just waiting to hear that Bryan and Jean are pregnant. Come on guys, one of these not-so-distant days would be nice so my kids could have cousins to play with on our side of the family.

As life moves along and brings expected changes, I'm glad that there'll always be one constant:

my HOME sweet HOME.

4 comments:

Lis said...

Thats cool! Brians house is like that too. I have baby pictures of him taking baths in the kitchen sink! I think his house feels more like a home to ME too!!! Hows your BELLY???

Roney Family said...

Lucky for you to be at home visiting! I am sure that is so nice to get a little break!

Jennifer Gilmore said...

I have many good memories in that home. :)

tylerandmommy said...

It's great to have a place that feels like home, even when your own house doesn't. I'm glad you got to visit!