Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dr. Drew is my tech man. My knowledge of all things technical spans just far enough to know how to work all 4 of our remote controls (and also just far enough to know the basics of blogging).

So I missed the Grammy's. I hardly watch tv when Drew isn't here. He records all the shows. The girls have not watched much tv either. I like that.
So there are pluses to not having a tech-savvy mind.

But this morning the girls wanted to print out pictures I took of them with their American Girl dolls. I could not figure it out. The printer kept telling me I didn't have paper in, which I clearly did. I know it was the right tray because there was a picture of a camera next to it. When I did flip the paper over so it was going in upside down, the picture printed. But it printed on the wrong side so the ink smeared and looked horrible. When I put the photo paper in face down, it told me I didn't load any paper again. Whatever!

My sister came over with her dog tonight. That was an excellent distraction for the girls. They had a wonderful time with the dog. E wishes she could have one. She tells me all the time that as soon as I die, she'll get a dog because daddy wants one too. She knows I'm allergic, so she figures the only way we'll have a dog is when I'm gone. I love her keen mind.

I'm so tired right now that I'm not sure what I'm typing, or why rather.

Jr. is not adjusting quickly. He has been up every night this last week screaming and crying. I was hoping it was teething. Nothing is visible though. He continues to wake about 4 times each night and is up at 6 am for good. K has been up the last three nights in-a-row coughing. This goes on for 1/2 an hour to 1 hour, even after I've administered the Musinex. Last night it got to the point where being up with either child was literally painful. I was so tired that it HURT to be awake.

Here's my open plea,
"Please grant a full nighttime of slumber upon my we ones and me."

Oh cruelty, Jr. is up right now. He's whining on the monitor.
Screaming now.

Lovely.

Guess that's my cue.

3 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Your post makes my heart hurt. I really, honestly can't imagine what you are going through. You are seriously super woman!
Just last night I was almost in tears at the thought of my husband having to go to San Diego (1.5hr away) for a week of meetings. I told him I think we need to just come with him b/c I won't be able to handle a week without his help! I am such a wimp!
Good luck friend! You're awesome!

Safire said...

Night time is always the worst. Everyone will adjust soon.

Shwam Fam said...

you are amazing!!!