Sunday, January 10, 2010

time spent



I spend countless hours searching crafty blogs on the internet.
I get so inspired.

i have nothing to show for it though

This is my problem: where to begin?

I have purchased cute fabric squares for $1 ea.
(Really, isn't any purchase worth it when the total cost is only $1?)
I figured I would sew up a pillow for the couch with those squares.
I have yet to attempt that project. I have curtains from our home in Md.
I keep thinking I'll undo what I did and fit them to the new windows.
Alas, they remain in the bag they traveled across the country in.

I have oodles of fabric to sew up burp cloths.
I have plenty of paper for scrapping and embellishments to boot.
Fortunately, I have put my creative juices to work in these two areas.

So you see, I'm not all bark ... I've got some bite!

Back to home stuff though ... why can't I put some action behind all this desire to improve, create, add warmth, put my personal touch ... not everywhere, but somewhere?

I read a quote on someone's blog that said,
"You'll never leave where you are until you decide where you want to be."
That's food for thought.
hmmmm...

I know where I want to be or shall I say what I want to be doing, which really can be the same thing don't you think?

I'd love to work on a political campaign.

Reality of that dream coming true is high,
but not for another 15 years or so when the kids are older,
much older.

Until then, I'm here at home. Thus the desire to do something in this space.
I live here, breathe here, breastfeed here (all the time), entertain the kids here, host family here, play here, take pictures here, think here, rest here, dream here.

So I'm back to the beginning.

Where do I begin in personalizing my space with things I can make?


(this might be a good time to add that I don't consider myself very crafty or quite capable of following sewing patterns. think novice!)

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Jen, I love this post! As I read it I felt like I was reading my own thoughts! Here is my advice. throw those old curtains away,or else they'll keep haunting you. buy new ones at Kohls with a coupon, then sew (or in my case hot glue gun) some embellishments on them... and ta da! You're done and you still feel crafty!

good luck friend!

Lisa said...

Hey girl...I'm looking forward to your New Year's Card! How are you holding up with 3 kiddos? Your little boy is absolutely adorable!! Are you nervous about Drew's upcoming deployment? How long will he be gone? You are a strong woman, so you'll be fine. Heck, if I can do it...you can do it!!! Miss ya girl!