There are 2 bums things about my day today.
I have a cold, and I miss Dr. Drew.
There is a good thing I have going as well.
A friend from my youth is hosting us at her house this Saturday for the early afternoon hours. I'll be looking forward to it for the rest of this week, and I still haven't even told the girls yet. They're going to be very excited when I mention that this friend has a trampoline in her backyard.
One of my other friends from younger days met us for dinner at Ruby's one night a couple of weeks ago. Did you know that kids eat free at Ruby's on Tuesdays? It's true. They just don't advertise it. You also have to mention that is why you're there if you want them to give you the free meal on your bill. (We learned this the hard way.) It was a lot of fun to break our normal routine around here. I found myself quite charged up with positive energy for the next day or two.
I love good friends.
A good friend is like a good bra: They both lift you up from your low point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish I could find a bra as good as the friends I have. Sorry you miss your honey. I have been thinking about you and hope you are doing well. Remember the dread we used to feel when we thought about deployment? Now you are doing it! and you are still living! and seem like you are coping pretty well. It is nice to be amongst long time friends and family.
Yeah...we can't wait either!!!! Will be so much fun! Love the Bra comparison too :)
Ha ha ha! I love your final thought in this post. Hilarious and true! Glad friends and family are keeping you busy.
DARLING family! Thanks for finding me! I was just thinking about you family the other day for some random reason, wondering if you guys (the folks :)) Still lived in NB? Of course through all my SYTYCD addictions I've thought of your family as well :) So you're one of the tough MAMA's supporting a military husband! Way to go! I'll check back more often! ALOHA!! :)
Sorry about your cold! and for not calling you today! I kept meaning to call... but then I had a bad Dr's appt and a child who wouldnt nap and another dr's appt that went BETTER and now Im home wishing i was sleeping. yah. I guess i could have just emailed this you to? but yo- IM CALLING YOU! TOMORROW! I SWEAR! PINKY SWEAR!
Post a Comment