No news on this blog doesn't necessarily mean good news.
I've been too busy to blog
because I cannot keep up with the messes my four year old makes.
By the time the kids are in bed, I'm exhausted. This is nothing new since Drew has been gone, but it's been even worse than that for the last week and a half.
For posterity's sake I'll make a list
*playful wrestling with E turned into putting E in a serious choke hold, which she did not break until I yelled at her to do so
(to add salt to the wound K hit her four times after that
BEFORE I could get to her and pull her off of E)
*then there's my favorite, lapping up OJ from a bowl like a dog
(not bad until she decided to dump the whole bowl on the carpet!)
*along the same lines, she decided to turn on the sink and squirt E
with water INSIDE the house
(all over the kitchen cabinets and yes, on the carpet too)
*after clanking two bottles of finger-nail polish together, one broke
so I scooped my hand under hers
(it was PURPLE and over the carpet)
and promptly moved her to the sink
so I could rinse the shards of glass cupped in her hands
along with the PURPLE polish
btw-it's still in my wedding ring which will now have to be professionally cleaned. nice.
*oh, how could I forget the Nestle Chocolate powder?
3 pairs of scissors and two spoons later,
she and her play date cut open the new container
and were helping themselves to a chocolate-powder feast.
*same scissors came in handy when they decided to cut open
some soda cans in the garage
(they were thirsty- I guess a cup from the cupboard
at their level
and water from the fridge
at their level
was just too hard to manage!)
Those are just the ones worth mentioning on the blog.
All this after I attended a mini-seminar on Love and Logic, a style of parenting.
It worked for the first week.
Then it backfired BIG TIME!
Hmmmm ... I'm back to the drawing board.
Oh, it's her birthday Monday so we're doing a little party Saturday. I haven't felt like planning one really. Maybe above reasons are why. I am hoping that a party for her Saturday will be just the thing to put her back on track for better behavior.
Wish us luck!
I've been too busy to blog
because I cannot keep up with the messes my four year old makes.
By the time the kids are in bed, I'm exhausted. This is nothing new since Drew has been gone, but it's been even worse than that for the last week and a half.
For posterity's sake I'll make a list
*playful wrestling with E turned into putting E in a serious choke hold, which she did not break until I yelled at her to do so
(to add salt to the wound K hit her four times after that
BEFORE I could get to her and pull her off of E)
*then there's my favorite, lapping up OJ from a bowl like a dog
(not bad until she decided to dump the whole bowl on the carpet!)
*along the same lines, she decided to turn on the sink and squirt E
with water INSIDE the house
(all over the kitchen cabinets and yes, on the carpet too)
*after clanking two bottles of finger-nail polish together, one broke
so I scooped my hand under hers
(it was PURPLE and over the carpet)
and promptly moved her to the sink
so I could rinse the shards of glass cupped in her hands
along with the PURPLE polish
btw-it's still in my wedding ring which will now have to be professionally cleaned. nice.
*oh, how could I forget the Nestle Chocolate powder?
3 pairs of scissors and two spoons later,
she and her play date cut open the new container
and were helping themselves to a chocolate-powder feast.
*same scissors came in handy when they decided to cut open
some soda cans in the garage
(they were thirsty- I guess a cup from the cupboard
at their level
and water from the fridge
at their level
was just too hard to manage!)
Those are just the ones worth mentioning on the blog.
All this after I attended a mini-seminar on Love and Logic, a style of parenting.
It worked for the first week.
Then it backfired BIG TIME!
Hmmmm ... I'm back to the drawing board.
Oh, it's her birthday Monday so we're doing a little party Saturday. I haven't felt like planning one really. Maybe above reasons are why. I am hoping that a party for her Saturday will be just the thing to put her back on track for better behavior.
Wish us luck!
3 comments:
Man, my 4 year old is acting much the same. They better shape up when 5 comes around! :)
Soooo crazy! Kids are seriously nutz-o!
Whenever E gets together with some of his friends he turns into someone I don't know- mischief, mischief mischief- it is AMAZING!
You are amazing me- some days I am exhausted with the one- and you are battling 3 by yourself- seriously- you do it with style.
We are Love and Logicers also- same thing here- one week we rock- the next we suck it big time!
Let's get together and have the kids play sometime. We can come to you. I can imagine the mischief as I write.....
Hang in there!
Love,
Carly
We had an accident with white nail polish. It broke all over our living room rug. The Cocoa powders sounds pretty yummy though.....I wish you luck! I haven't heard about this "Love and Logic" parenting. Do you like it?
Post a Comment