Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's Christmas all over again.

I'm finally getting around to this year's Christmas post.

The girls scored big with American Girl doll paraphernalia.

Btw, how is it that I never knew about them when I was a girl?
My friend Katie McDonough can attest that playing dolls was all I did
and all I ever wanted to do,
while being the one thing she did NOT want to do.

My uncles, aunts, parents, sister etc. all went in on this stuff.
We scored it on the cheap(er) side since it was lightly used,
from the daughter of the principal who works with my mom at school.

The best part is that the girls couldn't tell it was second hand.
They also got some new-in-the-box stuff from the AG store.

My brother's wife, Aunt Jean, E w/ her eyes slightly closed, and my motha.
K with a small fraction of her loot.
Baby D w/ his fav gift of the night.
He was slightly put off that it was not a ride on.

So these pics so far are all from Christmas Eve,
the night we celebrated with my family.

As you can see, Santa Chet made his yearly visit.

This time E was smart enough to put all the pieces together.
We kind of ignored her and pretended that we didn't think it was Papa Chet.
Last year we told him not to talk
(so his voice wouldn't give him away).
We simply told the kids Santa had laryngitis.
E is on to us now though.
It was fun while it lasted!

Our Christmas morning scene
Oh shoot! I put these pics up out of order.
It has taken me so long to finally post them.
You'll just to have follow as I bounce back-and-forth
from Christmas Eve to Christmas am.

As usual all the men had a blast playing x-box kinect.
This year even my grandma got into the spirit of the games!
(see a couple posts below)

Christmas Eve- more fun with presents
Christmas am- baby D luvs his train track
. . . so do the girls
E and her big-gift pick
K and her big-gift pick
Christmas am group shot is last-
I had cuter pics.
Really, I did.
But they all showcased my bra-less bean-bag boobs.
How's that for an alliteration?
Three kids later, all breast fed for some amount of time,
there's no denying that gravity has taken it's toll on my body.
Aint no shame in it either. Here's why,
in the military you can get
an augmentation for FREE.
That's right my friends.
Your tax dollars go toward beefing up the breasts of members of the military
and their dependents. (If they so choose.)
The problem is that I had an emergency c-section this last go 'round.
Now that I've had a surgery,
I simply cannot bring myself to CHOOSE another surgery.
Sorry Dr. Drew.
What you see is what you get.

The Glorious END!


3 comments:

Haley said...

Great Christmas! I wish I had some fine tax dollars to give my girls a lift. All our extra money is going into a tooth implant- yep- $4000 for one stinkin' tooth. I would much rather have my top half worked on than my mouth-ouch. Been thinking about you and your fam. give me a call to chat about old times when you find time.

Taylor Tribute said...

Hey cute pictures:) Where is the post;) Hope your doing good!

Taylor Tribute said...

HA HA! How did I miss that with earlier go arounds? Hail Tricare:) Days of pain vs. years of perkiness:)