I have 4 minutes before the Mac 'n Cheese is done cooking on the stove.
The girls are here, there, and everywhere.
Jr. is upstairs crying, I think bc E took his clothes off.
I wanted to share my "aha" moment.
I was visiting someone in the hospital with a group of gals from church.
The woman who we were visiting was near death.
She had lung cancer in one lung and blood clots in the other one,
as well as blood clots in her leg.
When it was time to leave her bedside,
everyone took turns hugging her and saying their good byes.
It was my turn.
I did not know her very well.
We exchanged conversation here and there a few times at church.
Most of the women in the room knew her quite well and
had shared their favorite memories with her as we stood in the hospital room that night.
I leaned in to hug her and whisper "rest well" in her ear.
Then I heard her say my name.
She knew me.
More importantly, she knew my name.
I wondered how many people in our lives know us and love us
and we don't even realize it.
Once again, I set out to support someone
but instead
I was supported
and received the life lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment