Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Rough, Tough Day


I'm not going to go into details bc
I don't really want to rehash this morning's occurrences.

Suffice it to say, today's school drop off didn't go so well.
In fact, it was the worst one we've had so far, like ever!
Poor E.

Let's just say it ended w/ E sprawled out on the asphalt
of the elementary-school parking lot
while the principal and a male teacher
tried to get her back inside the school,
to NO avail!

I drove off yelling through my opened car window,
"You can do it E. I know you can. You can do it!"
Then,
I cried.
No, I sobbed.
I sobbed the WHOLE WAY HOME.

About 45 minutes later,
I did get a call from the principal
who said that E was no longer crying
and she was starting to converse
w/ the counselor.
(That was after she sat in the corner of the computer lab,
in a ball, saying "Mama. Mama." repeatedly for 20 mins.)

How many times will I have to wonder
when the transition period will end
before it actually does just that?


3 comments:

Megan Harris said...

Gosh Jenn - I am so sorry! That had to tear your heart out. I'm glad she rebounded and everyone stayed strong. This too shall pass! It is my motto for child raising! Hang in there. Sending lots of xoxo

Wilde ones said...

It's heart breaking and so difficult to have to walk away knowing/hoping it's the best thing. Sounds like you have a pretty amazing principal there working with her. Definitely deserved a good cry on that one. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

Oh poor Emma. That just brakes my heart! Sundays are not the same without you guys. We miss you all