On the way home from church today
I remarked, "I love it here."
Who would have ever known that Co. Springs
was the place for me, and for my family?
I cannot say enough about how beautiful it is.
We have the best neighbors ever.
They have been the greatest examples,
showing us Christ-like love.
They are various religions.
None of the them are Mormons.
I love them all.
Em's birthday party was a hit.
To quote one of our nieces who attended,
"I'd like a birthday bash like this when it's my birthday."
I replied, "Tell your mommy, and I'll help her."
Then there's my obsession.
The sweetest little boy on this green earth.
We had the best time together at the zoo on Friday.
The zoo is towards the top of a mountain,
and thus, boasts beautiful views of the city.
We did nothing special, or out of the ordinary I should say.
No spectacular behavior occurred
(though he wasn't misbehaved either).
I felt a sheer joy just in being with him,
as his mother.
Who would have ever known that I could
experience joy in motherhood at this level?
I have had hard times in my mortal life.
Many have had it harder.
But this life is mine.
Mine to learn from,
to grow from,
to experience.
When all is said and done,
I'm grateful that I recognize the blessings
now placed before me.
I'm grateful to be able to enjoy
the blessings of this life
that is mine.
I remarked, "I love it here."
Who would have ever known that Co. Springs
was the place for me, and for my family?
I cannot say enough about how beautiful it is.
We have the best neighbors ever.
They have been the greatest examples,
showing us Christ-like love.
They are various religions.
None of the them are Mormons.
I love them all.
Em's birthday party was a hit.
To quote one of our nieces who attended,
"I'd like a birthday bash like this when it's my birthday."
I replied, "Tell your mommy, and I'll help her."
Then there's my obsession.
The sweetest little boy on this green earth.
We had the best time together at the zoo on Friday.
The zoo is towards the top of a mountain,
and thus, boasts beautiful views of the city.
We did nothing special, or out of the ordinary I should say.
No spectacular behavior occurred
(though he wasn't misbehaved either).
I felt a sheer joy just in being with him,
as his mother.
Who would have ever known that I could
experience joy in motherhood at this level?
I have had hard times in my mortal life.
Many have had it harder.
But this life is mine.
Mine to learn from,
to grow from,
to experience.
When all is said and done,
I'm grateful that I recognize the blessings
now placed before me.
I'm grateful to be able to enjoy
the blessings of this life
that is mine.
2 comments:
Jen you are awesome! Miss you tons:) I'm so glad you are finding your own space and loving where you are at. Life is all about that:)
Beautiful Jen! Thanks for sharing....
Post a Comment