Thursday, February 16, 2012

thoughts on a Thursday

Before I miscarried the twins, the doctor did an ultra sound and printed two pictures for me. For whatever reason, having those pictures set me on a good course, one that gave me closure.

I had two babies in two different stages. The first baby lived the shortest life. Growth stopped between 3-to-4 weeks. So this baby was still in the egg stage, which appeared on the ultra-sound screen as a perfect circle. I realized the symbolism as I drove home.

Human life begins in a circle, a shape that has no end and no beginning. It is continuous, eternal. The circular shape reminds us of the bigger picture, when mortal life ends, we move into immortality. (As a Mormon, I believe in an afterlife.) Likewise, marriage is symbolized with a wedding ring, a perfect circular shape that embodies the principle: two people joined as one
forever. Lives united that have no end.

Think of the possibilities.

My time on earth for birthing children may be over. If that's the case, all is well.

I have eternity before me.

Think of the possibilities.

1 comment:

Taylor Tribute said...

Wow Jen you are amazing. I hope you got my message I left on your voice mail a couple of weeks ago. I'm so sorry you have had to go through this. YOu are a great mom! When I miscarried, the thought, or inspiration can to me that once you are are a mom you are always a mom. Meaning these little souls are part of your family forever, no matter how long they were with you here. I love you, hope you are doing well from afar.