Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let's get Political

I have had a few conversations lately regarding politics. 
After all, this is election year.
So it comes as no surprise that friendly conversations everywhere have a bit of politics in their make up.


Some things I've been thinking about: Are there any politicians in existence who have the same moral back bones that our Founding Fathers had? Also, where are the people in this world of good conscience with moral codes who would actually put country first? Are they out there? Do they exist?


I've read The Founding Brothers and lately, Benjamin Franklin's The Art of Virtue. Both good reads. Both books highlight the importance that integrity played in the founding of our government and our united nation.


So many women are pregnant lately it seems. So many women from church, who have already raised families and are starting all over again after a six-year gap or so. Could it be that our best and greatest moral minds are coming to earth to save this nation when the Constitution hangs by a thread?


Maybe.


I think it's time to dust off the poster-sized copy we have of the Declaration of Independence and get it framed, so I can hang it on our living-room wall.


Everyone needs reminders.

1 comment:

Taylor Tribute said...

I'm glad your able to get your political talks in there in Colorado Springs:) We had some great talks last year:) Thats great that you want to hang up the documents. I actually have wanted to do that my self- We have limited wall space right now:P