Thursday, May 31, 2012

Robert Frost

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

I am responsible for visiting a gal from church who doesn't come to church, if that makes sense.
Her husband is in the military. She has 2 kids and is pregnant, on bed rest with #3. She is ending her marriage due to abuse. She's moving back home to live with her mother. Did I mention she is only 20?

I noticed the other day how worn out I was. I realized it was because I had become overwhelmed trying to help her. I feel for her and all that she is going through (and has gone through) at such a young age. I've prayed for her and have tried to teach her how to handle this situation the best I know how. 

Then today, I came across the Robert Frost quote above. Think of the pioneers, any of our ancestors who traveled across dry land or stormy seas, and immigrants who risk their lives to come here and live a life they'd have otherwise never known. 

No matter how difficult ones trials may be, one thing is for sure: life goes on. While it is doing such, we might as well try and lift each others burdens. Because one thing is for sure: We ALL have them, and we ALL know how hard it is to endure.

1 comment:

mcwally said...

I love this Jen.... so true. You are a saint!