In July we went to NB for a nice vacation/visit. We got to spend time with Grandma Vicky.
I am so glad she hung in there so I could spend some time with her before she passed through to heaven.
Grandma was the matriarch of our family. All of our other grandparents passed away while we were still in elementary school and high school.
So for the last 15 years or so, Grandma Vicky has been the matriarch.
Her funeral was Friday afternoon.
Many of our family members were in attendance.
The highlight of the funeral was Scott's tribute a la the Melodion.
I'm not sure how to get the video on this post, so go to my Facebook page. It's worth the visit, I promise you!
We had "lunner" at Souplantation afterward. Three photo albums floated around the tables, so everyone could reminisce. That night we went through more photo albums at mom and dad's and listened to old cassette tapes with Bryan, Grandma Vicky, Miche, mom, dad, and me singing or talking on them.
I had just two full days in NB.
But true to Groskreutz form, we packed a ton in.
Mom, dad, and I went on the outrigger Saturday morning. We paddled about 5 miles for grandma.
No visit is complete without a trip to shop at Southcoast Plaza. What would I do without my mother? She is the BEST shopping partner ever. Plus, she always foots the bill. Who could ask for anything more???
Then of course we had dinner at Spaghetti Factory in NB, followed by a walk on the pier.
We were also able to visit Grandma Saki and Grandpa Phil's grave as well as a friend's daughter who died in infancy. Mom and dad had two BIG hydrangeas in the backyard that we were able to leave at each grave site.
Traditions
They make life meaningful.
Grandma's legacy of music, song, and dance lives on.

1 comment:
How great that you were able to be there and that you have such wonderful memories!
Post a Comment