Sunday, October 21, 2012

K's Fairy Birthday Party

  K wanted a fairy party for her birthday last year. Before my mom left from visiting us over her spring break, we went to Hobby Lobby (super love that store!) to buy some decorations. Then we planned out the par-tay. Mom later mailed me the homemade invites along with some pieces she cut out for the home made wands I put together with the girls and my glue gun.
 We sang to K and everyone decorated their own cupcake.
 She opened her presents a little early 
because a couple of the girls had to run to another party.
 I totally forgot to take a picture of the food before everyone dug in. Here's the aftermath. I got food ideas from Pinterest. Oh, and there are the wands that my mom sent us butterfly cut outs for. They turned out cute, but after the girls waved them around during a game of Capture the Fairy, most of the butterflies broke off. Boo!
 These homemade mushrooms turned out really cute too. 
The girls and I painted them days before. 
I think even Jr. got in on that act.
 Uh-oh. Do I spy a troll in our fairy garden?
 Cousin A enjoyed bubble blowing.
Playing Capture the Fairy while everyone waited to be picked up by parents.

No comments: