Sunday, October 21, 2012

Last Spring Break

 I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get text on top of my first photo in a post. I will have to try typing before I upload my photos, but then I fear it will put my text at the bottom of the photos. Moving on, I have noticed the theme for my blog this year is "catch-up posts." I'm ok with that because at least I'm getting them up here on the blog.
 Moving along, it you look back up to that first picture of E with the giraffe, you'll see he was about to lick her little fingers. This is why I love the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and have dubbed it my favorite of all the zoos we've been to. No where have we ever gotten to be as close to the animals. It is the best! So when my mom visited over her spring break, we went to the zoo.
 The giraffes are my kids' favorite part of the zoo. We have a frequent feeder card that allows them to feed the giraffes. For some reason, I don't have any pictures of us feeding them. I wonder if they were out of food that day. I'm slightly remembering that that may have happened once.
 Just love this candid moment: Jr. "reading" the information plaque, E admiring the animals, and the giraffe ... wanting food maybe?
 Don't these pics seem to show that the giraffes were posing for our camera?
 Then there was the Skyride. Here's the thing about it. That one bar that Jr. could easily slip through (under) is the ONLY thing that keeps anyone on the ride. It goes HIGH. In Ca, you could NEVER ride a ride with such a lax restraint system. It wouldn't exist. Gives you and idea of how much or how little government intervenes on a state-by-state basis.
 The peacocks are another favorite at the zoo. You can get right up close to them for pictures. They are more skittish than the deer are around here, but they still let you get close enough.
 The kids love the playground, which features a lot of metal equipment. Where is any playground that has metal equipment nowadays?
 This one makes me laugh because E has such long Belnap limbs, yet somehow she folded herself into that egg much more efficiently than her younger, smaller sibling did.
We can't wait to take our visiting relatives back to the zoo with us this year!

No comments: