“I have heard thy prayer,
I have seen thy tears:
behold I will heal thee”
(2 Kings 20:5).
I came across this scripture on another site. A site I hopped over to via a link from Cjane's blog. Cjane is another discussion for another day (hint:gets to the topic I still want to discuss on here: "Women wearing pants to church that ONE Sunday") Moving along though, I have felt the thruthfulness of the above scripture made manifest to me a few times lately. It is so applicable right now in our world.
I think of how it applies to the families affected by the tragic shooting in CT. I think of how it applies to the woman sitting in Relief Society, experiencing grief because of a husband who is unworthy to be her help meet. I think of children and wives who have been abused by a spouse or father. I think of the disappointment and rejection people feel when a break up occurs or even worse, a divorce.
The words of the scripture above bring comfort and a reminder that we are always God's children, no matter our age or circumstance. He loves us.
And this ...
Free agency is a part of the Plan of Salvation. God cannot choose for us. Choice is a gift He gave to us. So when others misuse their agency, He must allow them to do so. Even if someone prefers evil, the choice must be his or hers to make. So in His wisdom, He provides a way to fix the consequences of those who make a wrong choice. He heals and makes whole those who are wiling to partake of His peace and love.
I am thankful that He loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment