The owner of our home is raising the rent. We knew she wanted to do that after we'd lived here for two years. But we had hoped she wouldn't when she saw how well we took care of her yard. Not only have we tended to it, we have improved it. All of the neighbors are so sad to loose us, and we are sad to leave them. We cannot stay and pay more for rent AND pay her water bill all summer for this HUGE lawn. If you don't know, CO is in drought status and thus, we can only water 2 days/week. With that, when we go over our allotted 2,000 cubic square feet, which we will with this property, all water used thereafter is charged at a rate double the norm. NOT COOL!
So on we go. We are staying at the same school, staying in the same ward, staying her in the same city. We will now be just a couple of blocks down from the famous Broadmoor Hotel. The original owner of our new home was a master gardener. But renters for the last couple of years have not kept up the garden. So we really look forward to getting it back into good shape.
These pics are of the backyard. Inside, the kids will all have their own rooms. I hope this will decrease the contention the girls have with one another. They currently share a bedroom and a one-sink bathroom. Not a good mix. Hopefully, separate spaces will improve their relationship and our family dynamic. I am really putting a lot of hope into this change.
This summer will be busy, but I look forward to it. I will miss living on our mountain so very much. The Broadmoor area is flat. The benefit of that is great pavement for walking, bike riding, etc.
So much to do, so little time.
*Did I tell you we are doing this move on our own? We are. The military has paid for all of our moves thus far, but they don't do moves for you when it's not a PCS (post change of station, I think!)




2 comments:
What a bust! Your backyard looked amazing in that facebook picture!
I know Brooke. Such a bummer.
Post a Comment