Monday, November 26, 2007

From the mouths of babes

I took Emma shopping at the mall the other day. When it was time to leave I said, "Let's go pick up dad and Kaley and go to Red Robbin for dinner." Emma replied, "I want chocolate-chip pancakes instead." (Drew has taken her to IHOP before on the "Kids Eat Free" night.) I couldn't remember what night kids eat free, and I certainly wasn't paying for an IHOP meal that I didn't have to, so I told her that we'd have to ask dad if that was a good idea. Without skipping a beat Emma replied, "No mom. You don't ASK him, you TELL him." Ha! Aren't I supposed to teach my daughter those unspoken rules of marriage? I was totally schooled by my four year old.

Emma the mini model. She loves to pose, and pose, and pose for the camera.



A new day, a new outfit, and a new pose.

9 comments:

Roney Family said...

Jen

I am soo happy you have started a blog. I love seeing your family and all the cute things they say and do. This is going to help me feel more connected to you. Awesome girl. Your girls are so adorable. And I see so much in them of you. Too cute. I will be checking your blog often! Love the kids costumes. Very cute.

Roney Family said...

Hey Friend

I saw you read the book "Louder then Words" What did you think of it? I read it also. Great book. I love how open she was. And I feel so bad for the things that she went through.

jbel said...

Patience,
I don't know how to respond to you other than this way, and I think it means it's for all to see. Anywho ... loved the book. I think she has done so much for parents who get a diagnosis along the ASD and then are pushed out the door with no idea of what to do next or who to turn to or where to go. I love the info. she gave at the back of the book because it finally provides answers to those "What do I do now?" questions. A couple of the Mormon comments were completely misleading, but I am hopeful she put them in for laughs. Otherwise, may she burn in ----. Just kidding! Only people who read the book will get that pun!

julieannepapa said...

I love your blog. It's so fun to see all the pics. Your girls are Beautiful!! It's been so long since I've seen them.I am so excited to see you in a few weeks. We'll need to plan our annual mani/pedi! Jules

jbel said...

right on Jules, I'm so there!

Lis said...

GO EMMA!!! Thats great!

April said...

I love that Emma! She's such a clever gal. Bug LOVES IHOP and his Dad refuses to go because it's too sticky...maybe the free meal will get him going! It was fab to see you and I'm sad we didn't get to see you again, read my blog to see what happened to us...http://fortenberries.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Gilmore said...

love the pix - more photos Jen!!! Soon enough you will be back in your home state where your family belongs! :) Can't wait!

ruel denis rich brown said...

So cute! A little Jen posing for photos.
Your blog is great! I'm glad it's up and running.
Beautiful family guys, good job.

rue