Tuesday, December 18, 2007

BEST news of the year!

This December we are excited to announce a few things: 1. We are headed home to Cali for Christmas this year and can't wait to see our friends and family. It's been so long. 2. We will house hunt while we're there 'cause we're "goin' back to Cali" baby ... this summer ... for at least 3 years ... we can't wait! 3. My sister is getting married this summer in Kauai. Aloha!

Of course, the best news is that we'll soon be dwellin' in SoCal once again. Anyone got a place for rent in the San Diego area? Drew will be working as an anesthesiologist at Camp Pendleton's Navy Hospital. I think I can sum it all up by saying that we are literally jumping for joy this Christmas season for this, our greatest blessing of the year.

Thanksgiving ...
Well, what a whopper of a time it was. We spent the day with old neighbors who were back in town after moving to Texas recently. The kids had a great time. The food was good. All was well. The next day we decided to go on a mini vacation to see some local sites in PA.

Emma got sick that night and tossed and turned with a fever and a cough until the wee hours of the morning. Of course I was awake with her the whole time. Somehow Kaley and Drew managed to sleep through it all. When we got home, Kaley started to get a stuffy nose. The rest is history when I tell you that I held her for the next week straight whilst she battled pneumonia. We came too close to an overnight hospital stay. (I think we got to go home because dad was a doctor and happened to show up in the ER -white coat and all- during the docs deliberations on the matter.) So goes the life of a mother.

6 comments:

Roney Family said...

Bummer about her being sick. But I am glad that she is doing better. Jen, I cant believe you are moving back so Sunny California. I am so excited. Even though you are a ways away, there are so many places I go in San Diego. Like the temple, sea world and legoand. We will have to get together. I am sure you will also be home to visit your family. So exciting. Congrats.

Also, I cant believe Heidi is getting married. I am sure she is so excited and cant wait. That is awesome she is getting married in Hawaii!!!!! What made her decide there? I am sure the guy is awesome. Heidi is such a great girl and deserves the best!!! Tell her I send my best!

Lis said...

AWESOME JOB ON YOUR BLOG JEN!!!! It looks so great!!!!! YEY! Now youve got the hang of it!

I was sad we missed you on Thanksgiving but im glad i passed out from tiredness! I would die if Lexi got sick again! Im sorry about that! (even though it was a month ago! Im STILL SORRY! AHHH!)

Lis said...

Oh... and ILL COME TO SAN DIEGO TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still cant believe your moving. Im sad. Its going to be strange without you here!

April said...

Yay for you and the return to California. I know you've waited for this for a LONG time! Many happy days until you get there!

Brooke said...

How exciting that you finally get to move back ehre. so what happens in 3 years? are you guys going to rent out your place? I heard about Heidi - good excuse for a vacation eh?!

summer said...

ok, so how in the world did you swing that?? you guys are the luckiest people i know. congrats on san diego. i am crying from oklahoma. summer