Drew convinced E to go on this free-fall ride. She kept saying, "Don't go to the top dad." Anyone who knows Drew knows that he of course took it to the top whilst the poor child whined in fear.
She liked this one a lot better. It went higher than I thought it would.
Kaley wouldn't pose with the Legoman at all. She wouldn't even stand by him. E did though. That's what's so funny about this photo. One year ago, K would've been all about this photo and E wouldn't have even left the safety of her stroller!
Life through the eyes of a 5 year old.
Giving expressions on purpose for the camera
Genuine wonder during the Fairy Tale/Story book ride
All know this story well ... everything at the park is like this ... all composed from Legos
Dad, Blake, and K enjoying the ride
E asked to go on this ride. Again, NEVER would've happened a year ago. I told her she couldn't whine if she went on it. She said ok and off she went with Drew. She loved it! I still can't believe this is the same girl we had one year ago.
btw- K was too short for this ride by half an inch... boy was she bummed. I found a good second option for her. if you look at the water in the background that's exploding up into the air, you will see our handy work. They have buttons you push to make the water explode right when your family member or friend whips around by the marker. We loved that ride as much as they did.
High flyers!
This ride was so cool. The kids actually got to push the gas peal and steer all by themselves. There is no track that the car is connected to, just the one they drive on and around. K couldn't grasp it. She was so used to being attached to a track that guides you along even when you steer the wrong way, or a track that moves you along even when you aren't pushing the gas. So she was totally caught off guard by this new-found freedom.
into the curb
away from the curb
and back into the curb
E on the other hand drove from L to R the whole time! She even moved her head side-to-side with the motion of the car. Such a riot.
I love taking these pictures of the girls. There's nothing that says, "I had a great day!" more than conking out before we've driven 5 miles.
Note: LegoLand is by far the best park for kids 12 and under. It's even better than Disneyland for this age group. Everything was geared to the kids. The scale was smaller. I'm totally having buyer's remorse 'cause we got Sea World passes instead of LegoLand ones. Because of the park itself, and more importantly its location to our home, this would have been a better use of our money$$$ Live and learn.
4 comments:
Is it possible that your girls look even bigger since the last post? I am totally surprised by E's sense of total adventure -- K must not remember climbing all of the playground equipment dangeriously when she was under 2!
LUCKY! and holy crap! youve been to like every theme park in CA! WITH YOUR HUSBAND! WOW! Life after residency looks AWESOME!!!!! I CANT WAIT! Only like 6+ more years to go!!!!!!!!
lucky. =)
I have heard sooo much about lego land! California has so many fun places. Maybe will live there someday! How long do you guys think you'll be there?
I've always wanted to go to Legoland. Maybe next time we're in CA . . .
And as for the Senator's letter to me, I posted that sort of tongue-in-cheek. I know the response was just as generic, if not more so, than my letter was to her (copied and pasted directly from Oprah's site). It's like this funny little political dance we do. Back and forth--I guess it gets the job done. =)
Post a Comment