To CAMP or not to CAMP
after the baby is born ... 'tis the question. I'm fo sho signing the girls up for a princess camp in July at a dance and music academy. i know they'll LOVE it. but there is also the option of doing a camp through the city. i'm sure they'd LOVE that too. but will I LOVE driving them daily just weeks after the baby is born? what if the baby comes late, and camp starts before that two week period ends ... you know, the time that you aren't supposed to drive after giving birth (what is the reason for that anyway) ? the obvious benefit would be that someone else would be entertaining them whilst the bebe and I are house-bound nursing, sleeping, eating, etc. anyone been in this situation before? advice? anyone, anyone, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You should find a FRIEND who can drive them to the camp, that way you and the baby are homebound and the girls are off with no extra effort on your part!! Then again, they might not WANT to camp with a new baby at home...
I haven't been in the situation, obviously with number two on the way. But seriously, you aren't supposed to drive for two week? I had to have a pretty intense surgery immediatly following delivery and I was out and about driving and carry the baby in his infant carrier all over the place in that first few weeks. Oooops!
Can you carpool with someone? Greg took the test in NY and ran into a whole bunch of people from WRAMC, including Chatwin. He took a review course the week before and was impressed with it. He feels good about how he did and is glad to have it behind him. I hope we won't have to do it again. He came across a lot of people who didn't pass the first time, no fun. He is coming home today. yipeee....we made it.
I have noticed with the kids that I have, that when I have a baby, it really doesnt matter how mom feels. Sorry Jen, I was at the mall four days after I had a baby. Somehow the other kids have to be entertained, either by you or someone else. For me, I would rather drive them to somewhere in the car, and get some rest, then have them home all day long wanting entertainment. Good luck! Oh, that dress is from Nordstroms. Its super old, but that is where I got it!!!
CAMP for sure! Car rides are easy with a new born...they just sleep! Getting the active ones out of the house for even a few hours of peace will be heaven!
Post a Comment