Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hey You!

K had her dance recital over Memorial Weekend. The whole thing was SO overdone! When we were kids, we had our recitals at the studio. Costumes pieces were purchased (to enhance what we all already owned) and all the parents/grandparents came to watch/cheer us on ... for FREE. Times have changed. K's recital featured $72 costumes and $18-per-person tix. So Drew and I decided that we'll just do the recital every 3 years or so ... at least until the girls are bigger and do more than a 1-minute-long routine for all that hassle and expense$$$

K is 2nd from L
the girls are shouting the words to the song here (Hey You!)

really bad pic, but wanted to show he doing more of an actual dance move
(she's tapping her tap shoe!)


Now these ones turned out well. Thank heaven they did because I skipped paying $10 for the professional photo. I also skipped paying $20 for the professional DVD. (I sat in the audience and shot my own video during dress rehearsal. I'm not outing myself, it was totally allowed.)


K and her friend from church took the class together all year long. I think they were the cutest of all the kids in their class. Now this little friend stayed until the whole recital was over. Guess how long it lasted. Guess again (I know you didn't guess right). A whopping 4 hours! I said it was overdone.

2 comments:

Megan Harris said...

You should start your own Showtime....now that would be fun! Cute pictures!!!! She looks like the star of the show!

Lis said...

okay, i was DYING when I saw this post! I sooooooooooooooooooooooo you have NO idea how much wish I could have been there to see that!! Made me tear up a little. Shes soooo big!!! I still remember when she couldnt walk down the stairs without holding my hand!!!! TEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!