Saturday, August 1, 2009


BeBe

Baby Drew Grant Belnap, Jr. was born Thurs. July 23 at 11-something p.m. It was a rough ride for both of us. Thirty hours of labor, including 3 hours of pushing, gave way to an emergency c-section. But that lead to the delivery of our beautiful baby boy who is quite an angel. So I'm not complaining.

(I think we got home from the hospital Mon. evening) We both kind of fell into all the categories for "only 3% of patients have a risk for this or that" or "only 10% have a negative reaction to this drug." Like I tell Drew all the time ... someone has to make up those odds and for that small percentage of peeps, it's 100% reality baby.

Drew Sr. has still had to work this week. (They are short staffed at the hospital.) He does have the next two weeks off so pictures will be downloaded and coming soon to a blog near you ... ok, to ours.

I'm currently nursing a spinal headache that is kickin' my tail. Hopefully I'll lick it soon. Until then, I cannot sit longer than I already have without some serious repercussions. We're talkin' pain here that rivals contractions.

Alas, I'm off to lie flat in hopes of finding relief for my noggin.

Pics soon of our little boy. We're happy. We're healthy. We made it!!!


12 comments:

Brooke said...

congratulations. i'm sorry it was a bit hard! i can't wait to see pictures.

Shwam Fam said...

Oh Jen- I had the spinal headache too after Brody and IT IS AWFUL!!! The most pain ever- worse than contractions. I finally went and had the blood patch done in the ER and it worked like magic! Call me if you want to know more. Congrats on your little guy! Can't wait to meet him.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

You had a rough one this time around. I am so sorry! Are they going to give you a blood patch for the spinal head ache? I can't wait to see pictures! I bet you are glad to have family around, especially since Drew has to work, LAME! They are understaffed here too (from all of the PCSing)....the military needs to figure that one out.

Safire said...

Congrats!! So sorry you had a rough time but I'm glad you're both healthy! :)

The Pickled Red Herring said...

AAAAHHH Congrats! I'm so excited for those pictures! Sorry you had a rough ride, but so glad to hear you are all doing well!

Megan Harris said...

Congrats on baby Drew! Hang in there...rest up and take every bit of help that is offered!!!! xoxox

Lis said...

he looks like an angel from the teeny tiny cell phone picture i got!!! I cant wait to see more! Congrats on the little JR! Im so glad hes out and I really hope your headache goes away in a flash!!!! Miss you guys!!!!

Wilde ones said...

Congrats! Baby Drew and I share a B-Day! The best day of the year to be born of course:) Hope you heal quickly. With an anesthesiologist hubby, you shouldn't have to feel pain. Make him take it away.
Can't wait to see pics and hear all your "first boy" stories. It's a whole new parenting experience. I'm sure his sisters are just loving him!

Traylor Family said...

Congrats!

Carly said...

I'm glad sweet baby Drew is here! I'm also glad you guys are all okay- your dad said a few things that had me worried- then Jen G. gave me the low down. (we have you all covered over here in the oc)- hope all is well. If you need anything- a play date for the girls give us a call and we'll come on down! We have a little something for you too- maybe I can send it with your mom!

April said...

You know I LOVE THE JR!!!! I'm sure baby Drew is as adorable as his sisters. I hope you are feeling better soon and cannot wait to see the pics!

Traylor Family said...

Thanks for the book rec. I will be picking that up today! Seems like every time I make progress something else goes wrong. It's definetly been helpful knowing I'm not suffering alone though.

-Can't wait to see pictures of the little one!