SLEEP
It isn't overrated. That's fo sho! Baby "D" gave me a four-hour stretch of it last night.
I was in heaven.
When I awoke to his fussing, I actually thought it might be 6 am.
It was 2:29.
Considering I last fed him at 10 pm, I was happy with the situation. Of course, he woke up again two hours later and then again, one hour after that.
But still ... I got a four-hour stretch.
It's amazing how much of a difference that sleep stretch made in my attitude today. I was still tired this morning. But my girls probably enjoyed the fact that I didn't wake up grouchy for the first time this week. Oh, and I cannot forget to mention that the baby went to sleep well after each wake last night. That is different from the fussing, crying, and fuming he has done the last couple of weeks.
Come to think of it, I haven't updated the blog in a while. So you are all in the dark. The background info. that I neglected to share is that baby Drew seems to be, well ... dare I say it ...
COLICKY
Oh, I remember all too well the 7 months of madness we endured with Emma and what we thought was her colic. The difference this time around is that we have experience on our side.
So when the baby started acting the SAME way Emma did
when he was just 2 weeks old,
I quickly got on the "no-dairy diet"
Last night and today were so much better than the previous ones,
which means I cannot cheat the diet.
BUMMER
Cheating it has resulted in lots of pain for both the baby and me.
I think I shall work on and Ode to Ice Cream.
How I long to taste that beautifully creamy dessert on my tongue!
It was 2:29.
Considering I last fed him at 10 pm, I was happy with the situation. Of course, he woke up again two hours later and then again, one hour after that.
But still ... I got a four-hour stretch.
It's amazing how much of a difference that sleep stretch made in my attitude today. I was still tired this morning. But my girls probably enjoyed the fact that I didn't wake up grouchy for the first time this week. Oh, and I cannot forget to mention that the baby went to sleep well after each wake last night. That is different from the fussing, crying, and fuming he has done the last couple of weeks.
Come to think of it, I haven't updated the blog in a while. So you are all in the dark. The background info. that I neglected to share is that baby Drew seems to be, well ... dare I say it ...
COLICKY
Oh, I remember all too well the 7 months of madness we endured with Emma and what we thought was her colic. The difference this time around is that we have experience on our side.
So when the baby started acting the SAME way Emma did
when he was just 2 weeks old,
I quickly got on the "no-dairy diet"
Last night and today were so much better than the previous ones,
which means I cannot cheat the diet.
BUMMER
Cheating it has resulted in lots of pain for both the baby and me.
I think I shall work on and Ode to Ice Cream.
How I long to taste that beautifully creamy dessert on my tongue!
4 comments:
Oh you poor thing. It took me along 6 months to figure out why Lucas had such horrible reflux. And then I felt like the worlds worst mother when I realized it was because I was eating chocolate. It took him bleeding in his diapers and almost having to go through testing at the local childrens hospital. I'm such a loser. This time around I hope things will be different. I hope I'll be able to figure things out quickly if he seems to be bothered by something.
Good luck friend!!!!! This too shall pass as it all does and soon enough you will be sending your baby boy off to school! IT will happen before you know it! Glad you figured out something that seems to be working! I pray it continues for you :)
Good luck friend!!!!! This too shall pass as it all does and soon enough you will be sending your baby boy off to school! IT will happen before you know it! Glad you figured out something that seems to be working! I pray it continues for you :)
I am envying holding the adorable baby D, but not the sleepless nights. I don't know how we moms ever make it work! My friend has a son allergic to dairy -- in our grocery store there is a specialty ice cream make from carob that is dairy free --- I tried it once and it was tasty...you may have to find it at some point over the next year! Trying to find it, I see that there are many brands of non dairy ice cream, to include Rice Dream, So Delicious & Turtle mountain, & Luna & Larrys. Good luck with everything!!!
Post a Comment