Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love

I love my new camera
(courtesy of Dr. Drew for my Christmas present that wasn't supposed to be bc we weren't spending $ on ea. other this year)
(i think he just spent a grand or so buying things for Afghanistan so i guess we're even, right?)

I also love my new Apple computer (speed, ease of use, just can't beat it)

But most of all-

I love him.

You can go, but be back soon.
You can go, but while you're working, do not forget this tune:
Be back soon!
(shout out to my CMCP friends, likely the only ones who'll get above mentioned song-
think Oliver and Fagin)

Tonight I failed to fight back tears, but only bc E got me going. Actually we all did quite well until Dr. Drew headed for the door. K didn't flinch. (That girls is amazing. She takes pain and illness like a man, but she is only 4 years old.)
But back to our fond farewell, I feel more at peace than I might have expected to. I have been blessed with a calm mind, which is extra special considering my past.



How could one not experience just joy
when watching one's children bestow butterfly kisses on daddy
one last time?


So beings Night #1

I promise to keep you posted on all the rest of them.


8 comments:

Lis said...

Alright, now youve got me bawling again.... I guess I know that day is coming for us too. Plus I know you, and Im so proud of you for being so calm about this. 6 months will fly! Especially once you start getting stories of plastic bag toilets and dirt beds! You could almost take it like hes a first year med student! Youd spend two years without seeing him that way! So 6 months aint NUTHIN! =) (its easier to say from the side lines tho!) Ill be calling you to check up!!! Miss you girls! (and baby Drew!!!) XOXOX good luck to Dr Drew! Saving the people who NEED/DESERVE the MOST saving!!!

Safire said...

Aww...I hope 6 months fly by for you guys! And thanks to Dr. Drew for being willing to serve and to you for letting him. :)

Megan Harris said...

OH Jen - you are so strong and have such a beautiful family behind you! My thoughts and prayers are with you and especially Dr. Drew on his deployment...please come by for visits....would love to catch up!

Those pictures are stunning - and yes....I remember the tune :)

Carly said...

Totally have you on my mind- and of course in my prayers. You truly amaze me.
It takes special people to serve our country- that means the both of you- seriously- amazed.

Wilde ones said...

I hope the days fly by. Glad you have lots of family nearby to keep you busy.

Breeana said...

I hope it is a happy, healthy and VERY quick six months for you guys. We will be thinking of you.

Roney Family said...

Jen, I wish you and your family luck. Please let me help in any way. I would love to watch the girls to give you a break!

Brooke said...

i can't even imagine how hard this is for your family is so many different ways!