Tuesday, May 31, 2011

reflection

(Dr. Drew returns from Afghanistan, 30 lbs. lighter!!!)

last year on Memorial Day
Dr. Drew was in Afghanistan
the experience was much of what we expected
... and more
to quote a rather famous author
(from his rather famous book)
"It was the best of times.
It was the worst of times."


there were moments when I thought
I was going to break

there were moments when I literally felt
the prayers of family and friends
carrying me through the day


when Dr. Drew would tell me about our American soldiers who perished,
my hear broke and I cried for those fallen soldiers
and for the families whom they would not return to in this life


we are the lucky ones
our soldier came home to us
we have spent this year traveling along a bumpy road
the potholes have come too close together for my comfort
but, our soldier came home

when i'm feeling travel worn,
and am beginning to question my whereabouts,
or even where i'm going
i hope i never forget that
we have been blessed.



No comments: