I can't remember what we did. (And to think it was only 1 1/2 months ago)
I do remember that my family came for dinner the Sunday before. Some of us gave the honoree an Apple gift card to put toward his ipad.
The most creative gift though was from our new sister in law. She's sure to be a big hit with the family.
Check out this cake she made. Isn't it awesome?
K was so super impressed by it that she instantly ordered one for herself come May. (Dr. Drew's b-day was in April) I'll post pics of that one when I get caught up to May!
For now, let's just admire the creative genius of this fun cake. Yes, that's Gummy Life Savers used as swim rings. I think Starbursts made the beach towels. Teddy Grams with frosting dot the beach and ocean. Oh, and there's a volley-ball net made with a fruit roll. A wind surfer is cruising the waves on an Air Head. And Graham Crackers make the sand, which by the way is a yummy accent with cake and frosting. The last time we had a super cool, creative cake like this was for Em's 4th b-day. It was a pirate-ship cake made by my super creative friend and was AWESOME. This one is equal in glory. So cool. Thanks Aunt Natalie. We sure love having you in the family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment