Tuesday, August 9, 2011

transition

We love it here in Colorado.
It's God's country, simply beautiful.

(took this double rainbow pic from our kitchen window)
Now that's not to say that this has been an easy transition.
It has been the roughest, toughest move for E.
Transitions are not her thing.
We have all been bearing the brunt of that fact.


It's no fun when life, in its everyday form, is too much for one to bear.
Every move, every transition brings the tumult of tantrums, tears, and trials.
If church has been any indication
(it took us 30 minutes to get her to stay inside the building on Sunday)
of what lies ahead when school starts, I'm seriously going to have to rethink her earnest desire for me to home school her.
Argh!
The problem with home schooling is it's just not me.
Also, she NEEDS the socialization.
Plus, I have a toddler at home,
AND
I need a break!


We did recently learn about a school that seems to provide
the solution to our problem.
The problem with the solution to our problem is
we only just found out about it yesterday.
Today we learned that E's grade is full.
There's a wait list.
Since I filled out the 11 pages of paperwork/enrollment,
I'm going to turn it in and see if we can't get really lucky.
(What have I got to loose? She's already registered for the local elementary school.)
How lucky would we have to be?
Well, school starts August 17.
Between now and then we'd need students already registered to drop,
as well as all the students already on the wait list ahead of us.
Is it likely that we'll get in?
No.
Is it possible?


(taken from our kitchen window same day as pic above-
with a view of the city you can barely see at the bottom of the pic)

What does the rainbow symbolize?
With God, all things are possible.
We may have to wait out the rain in our arks
(modern-day minivans traveling 5 days on a heinous road trip 'cross the desert).
We may get little sleep at night not knowing what lies ahead.
We may get tossed around while navigating our way through the educational system.
We may throw our hands up in the air and cry, "Mercy!"
We wonder when the transition period will end.

Then because there are more questions than answers,
we turn it all over to God.
We give a sigh of relief as we watch Him unfold the miracles.
They do come.
Miracles brighten up the darkest storm.
Just like a rainbow.


2 comments:

Wilde ones said...

I love your blog, Jen. I love your thoughts and your faith. I hope this transition smooths out. Your kids are sure lucky to have you.

Carly said...

Fingers crossed! Prayers your way!