Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tribute to the Two

BABY BUMP!
Now you see it.
Soon, you won't.

Found out Friday that I was carrying twins.
The first one stopped growing at about 3 weeks gestation.
The second one at about 7 weeks gestation.
On Monday, I will be 11 weeks pregnant.
I'm grateful that I have had zero signs of miscarriage as of yet.
I'm not ready to say goodbye.
(I've always been a planner. I already planned out how to fit furniture in rooms, had interviewed a doula to assist me in my natural labor at the hospital, had planned to postpone the baby blessing -thinking it was just 1- until Thanksgiving so my parents could come and not have to take off of work ...)

God has the power to give life and to take it.
Let His will be done.

And again, I'm so grateful that I get some time to carry my babies before having to say goodbye.
This is a blessing.

15 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Jen, this is so hard. I am so sorry. Your words were beautiful and my prayers are with you. Sending so much love your way. XOXO

Wilde ones said...

I'll be thinking about you.

Carly said...

:-( I'm sorry. Thinking of you.

Natalie Hutchison Belnap said...

We love you and will be sending many many prayers your way. Stay strong
Loves

mcwally said...

Oh Jen.... I am so sorry. I am glad you have some time to linger with them.

You have such a beautiful mother's heart.
Thinking of of you......

Belnap said...

Oh Jen, There are no words to express how I am feeling for you right now. Please know how much we love you and your family. You are all in our prayers at this very sensitive time.

Belnap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan Harris said...

Praying for you Jen! I'm so sorry for your loss. Your words are beautiful - prayer will get you through this....Thinking of you!

Unknown said...

You just gave me chills Jen! Hugs to you and your little fam. xoBri

Jennifer Gilmore said...

Jen - I feel your pain. I am so glad we talked (even though we got cut off). We even put Cody's bed into the other boys room thinking we needed the nursery. Constant reminder now. :( You, Jules, and I all need to pregnant at the same time - and hold on to them this next time around. XOXOX

jbel said...

thanks all!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this, Jen! Even though we have these trials, it has been my experience that later things end up turning out better than we could ever have planned or hoped. It just stinks when we have to go through the rough times. I've always admired your ability to be positive and have perspective. Hugs!

Shwam Fam said...

Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you. xo

Shwam Fam said...

Jen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you. xo

Roney Family said...

Jen, you are in my thoughts. Im so sorry! I love how you are having a positive attitude. Having the gospel in our lives really helps remember our purpose. Thinking of you at this time and sending prayers and comfort your way.