Just love that I also caught his reflection on the granite.
toothless grin!
This really was the best winter surprise.
It was the end of the week that I miscarried the twins.
Dr. Drew and I were laying in bed when the news announced Romney's plan to be in Co. Springs the next day. We looked at each other and made plans. One day and one baby sitter later, we were sitting on the stands behind Romney's podium. We could hardly believe it! I sweet-talked us up there by mentioning my prior employment and the senator (Bennett) who I worked for just happened to be the seater's wife's boss as well. She had worked for him in the state office (St. George I think).
We received our signs, which we proudly waved throughout his speech, which was rather lack-luster in umph. Here's the deal, Romney isn't the kind of politician you vote for because he motivates you. He reminds me of W, 43 if you will, in that way.
You vote for Romney because you believe in Republican values, plain and simple.
He is the guy who will get us back on track.
Oh, and here Dr. Drew missed my shaking hands with the man. Yes, we totally shook hands and I said, "Way to go."
One day in March, Jr. was playing with his ball and hoop.
He is so funny. He loves sports.
So he was running up to the hoop and shooting when I magically caught him literally in the air doing his jump shot, which he made.
One Friday morning I took Jr. to the Garden of the Gods. He was so fun. I took this pic from the visitor's center. This is of course before the Waldo Canyon Fire. I need to take an after pic now to compare and contrast with.
Only this face could convince me to play at the park when it's 35 degrees outside!
At winter's end, we checked out a Kid's Expo in Denver and stumbled upon the Lorax himself.
The kids explored their creative sides!
I couldn't resist this toosh shot of the girls crawling on water!
Jr. channeling John Cusack in the movie Say Anything.
We went to a butterfly museum. I thought this was a fun angle of Dr. Drew shooting our 2 youngest.
The butterflies were moving so quickly, it was hard to catch any in our photos. But they were vibrant and beautiful.
Having both girls in school full day this year meant Jr. and I had lots of time together by ourselves. I couldn't resist taking pictures of him all the time ... as you can plainly see from this post!
On one of our hikes behind the Starsmore Discovery Center
Jr. with his favorite buddy from next door. Although our neighbor comes over to play with E, Jr. thinks he shows up just to play with him. It's the cutest thing. He lights up when that doorbell rings.
K and the little girl next door drew these one day. I looked out from the kitchen window to see this view. It was so little girl. I loved the colors and that they were holding hands. "Two" cute.
One Friday for playgroup we hiked the open space. It's not one of my favorite hikes here for several reasons, one being that this was the ONLY shaded spot on the hike! Hence the name of the hike: Open Space.
Backyard fun in early spring.
He is such a cleaner and a helper. This pic cracks me up. He asked for a "ponge." Ten minutes later I finally figured out what he meant. I guess he need to do some spring cleaning on his water table.
Cooling off with a sprinkler from Grandma and Grandpa Belnap. This was K's b-day present like 3 years ago.
A gift that keeps on giving.
Trying to cool down in the car after walking through a farmer's market. Jr. and I spent most of the time dancing to the live band that played mostly 50s music. Dr. Drew and the girls shopped the fair. We did pick up Jr.s shirt there though.
Planting Strawberry and Blueberry bushed on our raised deck. We have to make sure the bears, deer and fox etc. can't get to them!!!


























No comments:
Post a Comment